• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

One of my idiot neighbors across the street thought someone was breaking into her house through the basement door at 6:30 tonight. She decided to Rambo up and attempted to shoot them through the garage door. Never mind that she couldn't actually see them. All she went by was she heard "Mexican and some noise at the basement door." So she starts shooting through the aluminum garage door(next to the basement door), which allegedly scared them off.

The cops couldn't find where the bullets ended up. Needless to say there are a bunch of pissed off neighbors who aren't amused that someone indiscriminately fired off multiple shots in the dark at people she couldn't possibly see.

Shit like that is going to lead to a stray bullet hitting a neighborhood resident.

She should be charged.

/NRA/ Won't charging her start us down the slippery slope where we are just deterring the good guys with guns from taking actions? Charging her is a violation of the second amendment! /NRA/

Iraq War veteran. It's a shame how many times this is going to happen in the next decade.

And Senator Colburn last night stopped a bill in its tracks that would have provided more mental health assistance to our veterans -- this after he sent our soldiers to fight in both Afghanistan and Iraq. What a prick.

And Senator Colburn last night stopped a bill in its tracks that would have provided more mental health assistance to our veterans -- this after he sent our soldiers to fight in both Afghanistan and Iraq. What a prick.

He's the prototypical Republican chickenhawk.

Did he give a reason? Because whatever it was, he's still an asshole.

I'll let dv7 tell you because he'll just get pissed all over again. It's a doozy.

because it would THROW AWAY MONEY

Good thing those fucking wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were cheap! Fucking asshole.

$20MM? We'll pay that in interest in the next hour.

Dog shoots man in freak accident

The dog followed the command, climbing into the backseat, where a .300 Winchester Magnum rifle was lying. Somehow, the dog managed to discharge the rifle — which apparently did not have its safety engaged — and the round penetrated the back seat and hit Fipps as he stood next to his truck, Kozisek said.

Dogs don’t often shoot people, but it has happened before: There were two such reported cases in 2011, with one in Florida and another in Utah. Both of the victims in those incidents were hunters.

That wasn't my point at all.

My point is that two people in an open carry state were gunned down by police simply for having a gun that wasn't even a real gun.

You'd think the gun rights crowd would be outraged at such of blatant disregard for second amendment rights. But they're not and elkman has no response either.

I think the police were a bit too quick on the trigger, given that "making it home at the end of the shift" has replaced "to protect and serve" in some instances. I posted how wrong it was that a man who got out of his truck and retrieved his cane from the truck bed was shot, the cop was exonerated, and one enlightened member of this forum jokingly claimed it was my father who was shot. Well done.

ImTheCaptain posted on this thread that open carriers should just be shot by the police.

I think some of you need to get outside more and enjoy some sunshine.

Well sure, but what do you expect from crazy anti-gun nuts like ITC.

Back