• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Missouri 9-month-old fatally shot in his crib by 5-year-old brother

The mother, Alexis Widerholt, was in the kitchen when she heard a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, according to White. She went into the living room where she found three of her four children — including the 5-year-old boy. Another child was playing with a paintball gun.

A neighbor told the Kansas City Fox affiliate WDAF that when she heard the commotion next door, she rushed over and brought the remaining children — who she said are 5, 3½ and 1½ — to her house.

... which child was playing with a paintball gun while the five year old had a real gun?

Ridiculous. Parents leave a child alone in a car with a loaded gun.

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Kaleb Ahles was pronounced dead at a hospital after the 4:47 p.m. accident in Tarpon Springs, northwest of Tampa, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said. The office said the family was in the middle of moving from their home when the child, who was in the family car, found a .380-caliber handgun in the glove box and apparently pulled the trigger.[/FONT][FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]"It's just one of those things that happens where everything lined up the wrong way where we had a 2½-year-old that was able to take a gun, pick it up, turn it around, and he shot himself dead center in the middle of the chest," Sheriff Bob Gualtieritold NBC station WFLA. The station reported that witnesses said the boy was in the car alone before the accident.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Authorities said the boy's family heard "a loud popping sound," his mother ran over and began performing CPR and 911 was called. The accident is under investigation, but Gualtieri told the station he doesn't believe charging the father is appropriate.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]"I don't think anybody can punish these parents any more than what they've been punished," Gualtieri said.[/FONT]

pretty excited, guys. getting ready to trade in my Walther p99 on a new Kimber CDP II .45; hopefully can get it ordered this weekend if the snow stays away

Last edited:
Houston rapper Doughbeezy kills one of two guys trying to carjack him and home-invade his pregnant neighbor, after apparently getting pistolwhipped but finding his gun in his trunk.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/22/h...tacker-during-carjacking-home-invasion-video/

Quote from his colleague Paul Wall:

“I definitely see him as a hero for what he did, for standing up for his friends and family, and protecting himself,” another Houston rapper, Paul Wall, told KRIV. “Thank God that we have the gun laws that we do, that he was able to protect himself and his family.”

You guys post some ridiculous articles on this board, but that one may take the cake. It starts out with a collection of #anecdotes, followed by an attack of a study from 1992, the relevance of which is unclear other than that it and some other people often use the word "millions". None of which in any way remotely begins to establish that defensive gun ownership is a "myth" as the title suggests, or that "guns are more likely to do more harm than good" as the subtitle definitively states. What assclown gives the okay to publish garbage like that?

You guys post some ridiculous articles on this board, but that one may take the cake. It starts out with a collection of #anecdotes, followed by an attack of a study from 1992, the relevance of which is unclear other than that it and some other people often use the word "millions". None of which in any way remotely begins to establish that defensive gun ownership is a "myth" as the title suggests, or that "guns are more likely to do more harm than good" as the subtitle definitively states. What assclown gives the okay to publish garbage like that?

Then tell the NRA and pro-gun politicians to stop considering it relevant and referencing it.

Maybe if the NRA hadn't pressured the NIH to discontinue all research into the public health impacts of gun ownership, there would be better studies to write about.

Maybe if the NRA hadn't pressured the NIH to discontinue all research into the public health impacts of gun ownership, there would be better studies to write about.

Sure, I don't disagree with you. But the lack of recent research has nothing to do with that article or how disconnected its content is from its titles and purported conclusions.

Sounds like that toddler is a damn good shot to take out 2 people with 1 shot. That is some LH Oswald shit right there.

this weekend I successfully shot a claybird out of the air w/ my pistol from about 30'.

also, my buddy and i took turns trying to hit a target while shooting from the back of a snowmobile. surprisingly difficult.

Back