• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

speaking as someone who hates cops, i look forward to his arrest for endangering children and not properly storing a firearm (which wont be happening cause he's a cop).

I guess we just see the world differently. I don't think humans are capable of a system the prevents some of those among us from being power hungry and leading them to do bad things to obtain the power. With that being said, the USA has done a better job at approaching this than any other civilization in history and we continue to do it better (ending slavery, suffarage, etc...).

I'm not religious at all, but I also believe that people are naturally evil. Or at the very least selfish. Altruism only stands alone in very few cases, hell we have to pay people to give to charity. I don't think we're all born as rapists or murderers or anything that extreme, but I do people that most people are in it for themselves over anything else.

Last edited:
speaking as someone who hates cops, i look forward to his arrest for endangering children and not properly storing a firearm (which wont be happening cause he's a cop).

This. People who leave loaded firearms lying around or anybody who is culpable in the death of a minor by gunshot should be punished, even for an accident.

Easy for felons to get guns when there are loopholes to get around background checks.

And it will always be so. Always. There is no evidence that more gun laws help anything. So let the poor woman keep her gun to fend off her abusive ex-boyfriend.

3-year-old in Oklahoma fatally shoots himself in accident after finding his state trooper uncle's loaded gun

Ryder Rozier, 3, fatally shot himself accidentally on Saturday after finding a loaded firearm at his uncle’s home. His uncle, Ian Rozier, had several guns in his house near Guthrie, Okla.

The identity of a 3-year-old boy who fatally shot himself accidentally with a gun owned by his uncle was released Tuesday.

Ryder Rozier had been at the home of Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper Ian Rozier, 37, near the town of Guthrie, Okla., around noon on Saturday when he found a loaded gun in his uncle’s bedroom.

The firearm, which was one of Ian Rozier’s private guns, went off after Ryder picked it up. According to the state medical examiner’s office, the boy died at the scene due to an accidental gunshot wound to the head.

The tragedy occurred just one day after 20-year-old Adam Lanza carried out a shooting rampage with his mother’s firearms, leaving 27 people, including 20 children, dead

as i said on the other thread, you can just about guarantee that rozier fancied himself a responsible gun owner who would just be apalled at the thought of the government taking his gerns. now his god damn 3 year old son is dead.

america, this is why you can't have nice things. take them all away.

Harrison toddler dies from shooting

Posted: Dec 21, 2012 3:33 PM EST Updated: Dec 21, 2012 4:24 PM EST

By Ken Nicholson, Host/Producer - bio | email

HAMILTON COUNTY, TN. (WRCB) -- A toddler has died, after being with his grandfather's gun Thursday.

Janice Atkinson, with the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office, says 2-year-old Brennan Nowell died from his injuries around 11:30 Thursday night.

Neighbors on River Stream Road told Channel 3 the boy found his grandfather's .40 caliber handgun and accidentally shot himself on the side.

He was taken to Erlanger for emergency surgery.

No word on possible charges.

Atkinson says due to the sensitive nature of the case, more information will be released when the investigation is complete.

Stay with WRCBtv.com for updates to this story.

Two-year-old child dies after Christmas night shooting

by Ryan Naquin

Posted: 12.26.2012 at 12:07 PM

Updated: 12.26.2012 at 5:15 PM

A two-year-old boy died after being shot around 6 p.m. on Christmas night, according to Horry County Coroner Robert Edge.

Sincere Tymere Smith grabbed a gun that was on a table and shot himself in the chest at a home on Daisy Lane near Conway, said Horry County police Sgt. Robert Kegler.

He was taken to Conway Medical Center, transferred to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center and then sent to a Charleston hospital.

While in route to the hospital in Charleston, Smith died from his injuries.

Police charged Rondell Smith, 30, of Conway with Involuntary Manslaughter.

He was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond from J. Reuben Long Detention Center at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Family members tell NewsChannel 15 Rondell Smith recently bought the gun because someone tried to break into the family's home two weeks ago.

MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) - A child was shot and killed in what police are investigating as an accidental shooting on Coleman Avenue off of North Holmes Street near Sam Cooper.

The shooting happened Christmas afternoon, the road was blocked off about three and a half hours.

Family members stood outside the house here crying in obvious pain and disbelief when police put up the crime tape.

When police arrived, officers found a 10-year-old boy with an apparent gunshot wound.

An ambulance rushed him to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in extremely critical condition where he was pronounced deceased.

The scene supervisor said several people were in the house when a shot was fired striking the child.

At this time, this incident appears to be an accident.

The family was so distraught, they couldn't talk, but neighbors call this a sad Christmas.

"It's Christmas day, supposed to be a lovely day, when people come together, really,really sad," said neighbor Jim Devine.

Child shot, killed Christmas afternoon

Posted: Dec 25, 2012 3:02 PM EST Updated: Dec 25, 2012 6:44 PM EST

Action News 5 is getting as many answers as police can share and bring you an update tonight at 10 p.m.

Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Back