• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Bravo for Tennessee

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-state-cooperation-with-fed-gun-control-laws/

Sponsored by Senator Richard Briggs (R-Dist. 7), SB 1110 “prohibits the use of any public funds, personnel, or property to enforce any federal law or regulation that regulates the ownership, use, or possession of firearms, ammunition, or firearms accessories.”

SB 1110 passed the house by a margin of 74 to 20 and the senate by a margin of 24 to 1.

Bravo for Tennessee

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-state-cooperation-with-fed-gun-control-laws/

Sponsored by Senator Richard Briggs (R-Dist. 7), SB 1110 “prohibits the use of any public funds, personnel, or property to enforce any federal law or regulation that regulates the ownership, use, or possession of firearms, ammunition, or firearms accessories.”

SB 1110 passed the house by a margin of 74 to 20 and the senate by a margin of 24 to 1.

Bravo?

Yay no nationwide background checks!!! Bravo....

I wish they would put all gun lovers on a big preserve somewhere and let them hunt & kill each other. What the hell is this fascination with guns, anyway? This country has turned into a damned shooting gallery. It's insane.

So you are calling for all "gun lovers" to be hunted downed and killed? And you think Republicans are wacky. :)

Bravo for Tennessee

The republican strategy to limit
Federal and local power in favor of state power is interesting.

The republican strategy to limit
Federal and local power in favor of state power is interesting.

I look forward to Republican controlled states refusing federal funding.

Dissimulation.png

No, that isn't what I said. I said that they should just let them kill each other, if they were so into playing with guns. I didn't say anything about anyone else hunting them down and killing them.

Excessive guns is one of the biggest problems we have in this country today. We probably have more firearm homicides than the rest of the world combined....as well as needless accidental deaths brought about by the misuse of guns, access to children, etc....which are direct results of the unbelievable proliferation of guns and the ease with which anyone can obtain one.

What makes you think that a gun lover like me wants to kill anyone much less another gun lover. lol Hell, I haven't even been hunting for over 25 years. When I did hunt it was never for trophy, and I always ate what I killed. There was a time in my life when it was a necessity, but you never experienced anything like that so you are really clueless. You go on and on about Republicans unwillingness......

Bud, you are no more a liberal then Hillary. Your way of thinking and where you stand on the issues just don't mesh.

RJKarl sighting...:willynilly:

I would say that this could apply to you....if you feel as you say in your first paragraph and at the same time support the NRA and its opposition to things like background checks and banning large-clip magazines, automatic weapons, armor-piercing ammunition, etc....because those things do end up with other people being needlessly killed with firearms.

Now maybe you do not support the NRA and its positions and, if so, this does not apply to you. However, it is my opinion that one cannot support the NRA and also take the position that you took in the first sentence of your last post.....because if you do support the NRA, while you may not personally be responsible for needless firearm deaths, you are facilitating them with your support of the NRA.

If you mean by support, am I a member, or do I contribute to their organization, then no. I do however value their existence to protect me from people like you who would love to rid the country of all firearms. You cry out about Republicans opposing their will on others while you do the same.

Also, please, learn the difference between a clip/magazine. Otherwise, you will never have half a chance of even getting the attention of one of us "gun lovers." Did you not learn anything when you were drafted? j/k

If you mean by support, am I a member, or do I contribute to their organization, then no. I do however value their existence to protect me from people like you who would love to rid the country of all firearms. You cry out about Republicans opposing their will on others while you do the same.

Also, please, learn the difference between a clip/magazine. Otherwise, you will never have half a chance of even getting the attention of one of us "gun lovers." Did you not learn anything when you were drafted? j/k

I don't think Republicans are against their will on others.

I wish they would put all gun lovers on a big preserve somewhere and let them hunt & kill each other. What the hell is this fascination with guns, anyway? This country has turned into a damned shooting gallery. It's insane.

Nothing about this post limits it to NRA supporters. It says "all gun lovers."

I love shotguns that I use to shoot sporting clays and birds. They, and my deer rifle, are kept in a safe. I also support background checks and mental health laws and I'm a democrat. Should I die too, Bob?

Last edited:
Back