• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

AFSxH6Q.jpg

Last night in Jacksonville there was a shooting at a vigil for another teenager that had been killed in a shooting.

At least one teen killed last night.

I have a lot of friends who ride and my local dive bar is biker friendly. One of the 9 was married to a former employee.

Doubtful. Sounds like it just escalated. Once the guns come out, the cops have no choice. Somebody posted a pic of one of the victims. Definitely remember him from the bar. He was a regular at one point.

Who thinks the cops gunned down all of the bikers in a panic?

"An altercation in the bathroom seems to have sparked the violence. Shots were fired inside the eatery and a brawl spilled onto the patio area, before scores of men flooded the parking lot in broad daylight. Some bikers were beaten with brass knuckles, clubs and chains, while others were stabbed or shot, Swanton said.

When police responded -- within 30 to 45 seconds because of their proximity -- the bikers turned their weapons on law enforcement, he said.

"Our officers took fire and responded appropriately, returning fire," the sergeant said.

"investigators found eight bodies -- three in the parking lot behind Twin Peaks, four near the front of the restaurant and one that had been dragged behind a nearby establishment"

psst DOJ...i think you got punked:

"While the U.S. Justice Department characterizes the Bandidos as a "growing criminal threat" with at least 2,000 members in 14 countries, the motorcycle club's website highlights noncriminal endeavors such as its Easter party in Germany or its toy drive in France.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/18/us/texas-biker-gang-brawl-shooting/index.html

Last edited:
The Bandidos are bad mojo. The Cossacks and them have feuded for a while. Bandidos run Texas and demand payment from other MCs seeking to start chapters in Texas. Cossacks said fuck that, and it eventually blew up yesterday. Cossacks are generally a pretty peaceful group full of regular folks. The individual killed who I am familiar with was a Cossack.

The Bandidos are bad mojo. The Cossacks and them have feuded for a while. Bandidos run Texas and demand payment from other MCs seeking to start chapters in Texas. Cossacks said fuck that, and it eventually blew up yesterday. Cossacks are generally a pretty peaceful group full of regular folks. The individual killed who I am familiar with was a Cossack.

(tee hee) Every time the news says "Cossack" my juvenile brain hears it as "Cock Sack" (tee hee)

Couldn't the Banditos come up w a cooler name? Sounds like something Yosemite Sam came up with...

Back