• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Supreme Court Rejects NRA Challenge To San Francisco Gun Rules

The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to block two San Francisco gun control measures that were fiercely opposed by the National Rifle Association. At least one veteran court observer says the high court's decision raises questions about how the justices interpret the Second Amendment.

First, the basics: A 2007 San Francisco ordinance requires residents to keep handguns under lock and key or to use trigger locks when they are not carrying their weapons. Another law, dating to 1994, bans the sale of ammunition that expands on impact, or hollow-point bullets.

I don't know if this should be on a SCOTUS decision thread - seems like a big-ish deal, that laws can require guns be locked up.

The anti-Heller crowd's attempts to undermine that decision remind me of the anti-abortion crowd's attempts to do the same with Roe.

I guess Texas conservatives are pro-choking moms.

Reports coming in of a shooting at a historically black church in Charleston

8 or 9 dead I think. They were having a prayer meeting. Sad.

Last edited:
He sat with them for an hour. Victims include a grandmother and a five year old. Monster.

The five year old survived by playing dead.

9 dead. Shooter, described as a white male in his early 20s, still at large.

Tragic stuff.

Shooter named: Dylann Roof, of Columbia, SC

CHyaYZ5WUAA19NI.jpg

Last edited:
God, he kind of looks like the sandy hook killer.

America has a fucked up obsession with guns. Until that changes, this shit will continue.

Back