• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Knew it wouldn't take long to ID him with those pictures.

I haven't read yet about how this thug got his gun, but assuming he was not a felon, and had no history of violent crime or mental instability, he probably got it legally. He could have even gotten his CC permit and would have been carrying it legally. The only way to prevent crimes of this nature it to flat out ban firearms. Unfortunately, we don't have people that can see the future, so it's impossible to know how deranged someone is if they have a clean record. I'm not sure what change in law could prevent tragedies like this other than a flat ban. Even then a black market would exist given the number of firearms already in the hands of the people.

I'm pretty sure I've learned that Christians aren't taking over the country so I'm not sure who he's talking about.

I haven't read yet about how this thug got his gun, but assuming he was not a felon, and had no history of violent crime or mental instability, he probably got it legally. He could have even gotten his CC permit and would have been carrying it legally. The only way to prevent crimes of this nature it to flat out ban firearms. Unfortunately, we don't have people that can see the future, so it's impossible to know how deranged someone is if they have a clean record. I'm not sure what change in law could prevent tragedies like this other than a flat ban. Even then a black market would exist given the number of firearms already in the hands of the people.

His uncle says the gun was a gift given to him in April per rueters.

Meh. Australia implemented their gun restrictions with a buy back program over a decade ago and have had zero mass shootings since. Guns aren't flowing into this country to supply our market, we are making the guns that supply the rest of the Western Hemisphere's criminals. It's within our power to stop this stuff, we just don't have the will.

I agree that a strong buy-back program is one of the first steps, but the United States has about 300 million firearms that exist in this country. I think it's a problem of a greater magnitude than it ever was in Australia.

When did he get the mug shot? Did they catch him already? What idiot gives a gun as a gift?

When did he get the mug shot? Did they catch him already? What idiot gives a gun as a gift?

He was out on bond from earlier charges of trespassing and something drug related.

Confederate States of America license plate on this guy's car. He's also got pictures of himself in a jacket sporting the flags of apartheid South Africa and Rhodesia

CHymRboUEAEFYnN.jpg

Plenty of idiots give guns as gifts. Not sure how many give guns to idiot nephews out on bond.

o-DYLAN-STORM-ROOF-570.jpg

225px-Flag_of_South_Africa_%281928-1994%29.svg.png

Is this a thing? Racists wearing the flag from Apartheid-era South Africa?

Dude was born the year Apartheid ended.

It's not any different than repping slavery era Confederate flags.

He sat with them for an hour. Victims include a grandmother and a five year old. Monster.

The five year old survived by playing dead.

How could this guy sit in a church for an hour, listen to what was being said during Bible study, notice a five year old and a grandmother and still massacre them?

First time I've ever hoped for insanity. If there's no mental illness involved, how do you fix this kind of violence and hate?

So the lady wanting to be black gets the instant mentally ill label, but this guy doesn't? That said, they should shoot him on sight.

Wait, his uncle gave him a gun even though he had been bailed out recently? If so, blood is on his hands too. WTF

Wait, his uncle gave him a gun even though he had been bailed out recently? If so, blood is on his hands too. WTF

Agreed. One of the biggest ways to curb gun violence is to make people who transfer guns partially liable for the gun-related actions of whomever they transferred it to.

after reading that terrible NYT article about ADX Florence I can't imagine a better place for this piece of shit to spend the next 60 years.

Back