• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Screen-Shot-2014-03-31-at-Monday-March-31-3.17-AM.png

Suck it El Salvador!

If the best argument you can come up with in support of your position is "the olds just need to die," which you seem to do a lot, then you just aren't very smart. A new generation may indeed bring change, but it isn't because of you, and you will still be a dolt when the next generation of idiots says the same thing about you.

Pretty sure I didn't express a position, just that nothing will change until older generations age out of decision making roles.

And I myself will never affect any change, I'm aware of that, you aren't "putting me in my place" about anything.

But thanks for agreeing that my point is possible/probable.

If the best argument you can come up with in support of your position is "the olds just need to die," which you seem to do a lot, then you just aren't very smart. A new generation may indeed bring change, but it isn't because of you, and you will still be a dolt when the next generation of idiots says the same thing about you.

"Support for requiring background checks for all gun sales remained high, with 85 percent of gun owners and 83 percent of non-owners favoring the policy. In the 2013 survey, 84 percent of gun owners and 90 percent of non-owners supported background checks for all gun sales. Support for banning assault weapons among all respondents decreased from 69 percent in 2013 to 63 percent in 2015, and support for banning the sale of large capacity ammunition magazines decreased from 68 percent to 60 percent. Notably, the small erosion in support for these policies occurred almost entirely among non-gun-owners."

http://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-rele...ers-support-stronger-gun-safety-policies.html

"Support for requiring background checks for all gun sales remained high, with 85 percent of gun owners and 83 percent of non-owners favoring the policy. In the 2013 survey, 84 percent of gun owners and 90 percent of non-owners supported background checks for all gun sales. Support for banning assault weapons among all respondents decreased from 69 percent in 2013 to 63 percent in 2015, and support for banning the sale of large capacity ammunition magazines decreased from 68 percent to 60 percent. Notably, the small erosion in support for these policies occurred almost entirely among non-gun-owners."

http://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-rele...ers-support-stronger-gun-safety-policies.html

i dont understand this world

It's because people are fearful. Unrightfully, of course. But the 24/7 news cycle and the divisiveness that it breeds is the reason why that is able to occur.

Add in the GOP economic policy of blaming the poor (minorities) for all of our current "problems" and poor white folk can't help but to circle the wagons.

It's disgusting.

Part of it is because the background checks are the bigger issue and the most likely to get passed.

The shooter in Charleston used a handgun and reloaded five times. Assault rifles look scary and high capacity magazines sound scary, but the reality is that their banning would mere theater.

Part of it is because the background checks are the bigger issue and the most likely to get passed.

The shooter in Charleston used a handgun and reloaded five times. Assault rifles look scary and high capacity magazines sound scary, but the reality is that their banning would mere theater.

A "mere theater" that the rest of the civilized world has attended and managed to survive.

fuck the rest of the world. what makes America so great is that we can shrug off a slaughter of elementary school children in sandy hook without a pause.

fuck the rest of the world. what makes America so great is that we can shrug off a slaughter of elementary school children in sandy hook without a pause.

Wouldn't want my life affected. Those kids and teachers are simply the price we have to pay to exercise our 2nd amendment right.

Arizona shooter was tackled when he changed magazines. Just because this one changed magazines doesn't mean limiting the number rounds per doesn't help.

Arizona shooter was tackled when he changed magazines. Just because this one changed magazines doesn't mean limiting the number rounds per doesn't help.

And it was a high capacity magazine. Had he stopped earlier to reload fewer people would have been shot. I'm for banning handguns but at the very least see no reason why a person would ever need more bullets at one time than the gun was originally designed for.

I'm totally for banning high capacity magazines and background checks for any purchase.

what about banning all guns that aren't hunting rifles

Back