• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Just as I'm sure this will be used in the narrative against immigration.

what do you think the difference might be in this case?
Lets unpack this. Your "narrative' was put out minutes after the incident without any facts and happened to be have nothing to do with the attack.
the "narritive" you are speaking about against immigration will be an actual concern having to do with this incident that happened.

If the reported facts remain to be true in the incident and Ali Muhammad it is a Somalian refugee who attacked these students because of differing ideologies and you do not have a gun to ban to stop this what do you think the narrative should be?

Depends on the definition of "mass shooting." If you broadly define it as any shooting that kills 3+ people, there are hundreds annually. If you narrowly remove gang/domestic violence, it's far less.

I tend to err on the side of all lives mattering, so I say gun deaths are too high in America.

racist

I am sorry I am more morally superior to you - Townie Deac and the liberal elite

take your backhanded explanation into your ignorant response and bounce it off your echo chamber in the next circle jerk.

How many fucking times can you guys be wrong. doesn't it get sickening. Duke lacrosse, mike brown, trump, trump, trump, today, virgina rape case, etc etc.

then you have the balls to throw around " oh lets wait for the facts to come in" like that is supposed to be a burn? I mean the irony is hard to miss. No shame and finally the American people awarded you idiots by bouncing you out of POTUS, Senate and congress. Yet you go on #undeterred

Go and reassess your tired tactics are what got you here.

don't be sorry, for most it comes naturally

Every single one of you trying to score political points (regardless of political persuasion) on this thread is a giant douchebag.

That is all.

I don't care about being called a douchebag, but I'm curious if talking about gun control on a gun violence thread is the same thing as "scoring political points."

Nah I was mainly referencing the dbags who came rushing in here to make a couple snide posts about gun control, only to have to quickly walk it back. Because if any side who wants to ban something benefitted from today's attack, it sure as hell wasn't the gun control folks.

I apologize for coming on here to seemingly "score" points about gun control, but don't apologize for my stance at all. Just because today was a car and knife attack doesn't mean that guns shouldn't be regulated more.

I should have waited before all the facts came out before posting here. Live and learn.

Today is not a good example, but I've never understood the characterization of "scoring political points" when a gun tragedy happens and people wanna talk about gun control either. People don't generally run their campaigns on the single platform of gun control, and you'll never convince me that a president who has to call and attempt to console the families of a major attack is doing so to score political points.

I'm in favor of evidence-based practice, and it seems to me like gun tragedies are good evidence in favor of controlling the sales of guns. I understand the importance of considering all opinions too, including all the (majority of) responsible gun owners who don't feel they should have their constitutional rights infringed upon because of the irresponsible behaviors of others in their group. Doesn't seem like any incident should stop that discourse from happening. We don't stop funding cancer research because more people die from cancer every year--we study it and try to stop it.

This is a good post.

I apologize for coming on here to seemingly "score" points about gun control, but don't apologize for my stance at all. Just because today was a car and knife attack doesn't mean that guns shouldn't be regulated more.

I should have waited before all the facts came out before posting here. Live and learn.

nobody is asking you to apologise for your " stance ". Strawman much ?

Great quote I saw but didn't have the author.

To progressives, everything that happens (or doesn't happen) just proves the need for gun control.

Do you still have me on ignore? I was gonna say you have nothing to apologize for and this isn't a court of law- share your thoughts openly and freely. Don't worry about self-censoring. Who gives a fuck if Brasky calls you a douchebag or one of us gives you a hard time. You know where your heart was when you made those comments.

Every single one of you trying to score political points (regardless of political persuasion) on this thread is a giant douchebag.

That is all.

How is wanting sensible gun laws (that over 70% Americans -and much higher on a couple) trying to score political points or being a "giant douchebag"?

Why is wanting universal background checks on every sale or transfer of ownership (which over 80% of Americans support) either "trying to score political points" or being a "giant douchebag"?

Why is banning large clips/magazines/drums either of those definitions?

Nah I was mainly referencing the dbags who came rushing in here to make a couple snide posts about gun control, only to have to quickly walk it back. Because if any side who wants to ban something benefitted from today's attack, it sure as hell wasn't the gun control folks.

don't be a douchebag

nobody is asking you to apologise for your " stance ". Strawman much ?

Great quote I saw but didn't have the author.

To progressives, everything that happens (or doesn't happen) just proves the need for gun control.

It's really just a "meh" quote.

I'm confused about the gun control posts. Isn't this prime evidence for gun control being a good thing? Guy didn't have a gun so nobody died

I'm confused about the gun control posts. Isn't this prime evidence for gun control being a good thing? Guy didn't have a gun so nobody died

let me try.... nobody died because the guy with a gun showed up and stopped him.

Back