• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

it's not a gun problem, it's a mental health problem. video games! drugs! we need to fix mental health and we solve this. we are doing everything (nothing) we can!

Pretty much. The prohibition on dialogue about guns is conveniently longer than the time between gun incidents. Just unlucky, I guess.

I imagine many of these are mom and pop operations. How is it Walmart, Bass Pro Shops, and such haven’t put them out of business?

You mean FFL holders?

Wal-Mart doesn’t sell anything other than hunting gear. No handguns or expensive tactical gear, iirc.

If a particular Walmart has an FFL, they sell firearms.

There are only like 3 million NRA members, where's all this political power coming from

Closer to 5 million or more. If you think the NRA donates more money to political causes than Michael Bloomberg then you are mistaken. Michael Bloomberg thinks the following...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/m...ould-infringe-on-your-freedom/article/2525308

See the pronouns. I, we, your. Enough said.

did you watch that video earlier in the thread

Ok. Can we talk about Vegas yet? Orlando? Sandy Hook? Fort Hood? What about Virginia Tech?

I wonder how many days they think we just need to offer up thoughts and prayers without fighting for solutions? On average, there are only about 7-8 days between school shootings in the US (4 days if you count ones that no one was injured) since 2018 started. Seems like they aren't wanting to leave the window for actively seeking gun control solutions open for long... Wonder why?

When talking about this issues, what’s often ignored is that there are thousands of kids with PTSD today that they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. In 2-4 weeks, there will likely be thousands more. If we have a mental health problem here (we do), the guns certainly aren’t helping.

Fuck Paul Ryan.

How, exactly, Mr. Ryan, are you “standing with” the victims?

You are in a position to actually do something to help reduce opportunities for this shit to happen.

the victims being 'law abiding gun owners' who are increasingly burdened with regulation. lol just kidding

Fuck Paul Ryan.

How, exactly, Mr. Ryan, are you “standing with” the victims?

You are in a position to actually do something to help reduce opportunities for this shit to happen.

I'd say we need to vote this asshole out of office since it seems like he's not actually quitting, but that means relying on the people from Wisconsin who got their widdle feewings hurt in 2016 and didn't vote for Hillary. so, good luck there.

The "survivors" are also "victims" here, and they are LITERALLY asking for action. Politicians are throwing children in front of bullets to protect their wallets. Scumbags.

The "survivors" are also "victims" here, and they are LITERALLY asking for action. Politicians are throwing children in front of bullets to protect their wallets. Scumbags.

and then the politicians are saying they will do "everything they can" to keep kids safe, but then literally do nothing. seriously, what measures have been taken since, say, Sandy Hook?

and then the politicians are saying they will do "everything they can" to keep kids safe, but then literally do nothing. seriously, what measures have been taken since, say, Sandy Hook?

They couldn't even do anything about fucking bump stocks.

Do y'all think it would be more politically palatable to lock up people with a history like the shooter's than do anything to limit gun purchases? Because I do, and that's really scary.

Every high school (kids) should stage a national walk out day. Get it out on social media. Let their voices be heard.

That would actually be a really interesting protest movement, but I'm not sure you could get enough participation, because the gun nuts' kids are homeschooled or in private schools. If you had millions of kids refusing to go to school until their was action taken on guns, I wonder if it would move the needle?

politically palatable (possible)? absolutely. Republicans already engage in pre-crime evaluations of all sorts of people

Jailing weird people >curtailing their ability to purchase assault weapons

Just like the founders intended!

Hell, our fucking president has labeled folks not cheering him adequately as treasonous.

And called regularly for his political opponent to be locked up without due process.

So, sure, locking up people without due process does seem more plausible than improving gun regulation. Sadly.

Back