• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Good post, Pilch. So the common sense solution is to finish the job in 2019 and vote those Republicans out of office.

This is heart breaking:

We’re doomed.

No we aren’t. The solution is simple. Put pressure on Republicans to vote for common sense solutions. If they don’t, vote for Democrats to replace them.

Reactions: ONW
Nobody imagines that any laws or agency can or will eliminate all gun violence.

But seriously, you can’t look at the rest of the world and think we cannot do better.

Agreed. I haven't read all of the posts on this subject but I am a gun owner and I absolutely support tougher gun laws. I also at one time wanted to own an AR but the Sandy Hook shooting made me lose my taste for wanting one. I suppose having elementary school aged kids will do that to you. I don't agree with a lot of folks on here as far as your religious and political views but the one thing I will agree with is that for our government to continue to do nothing about this problem is absolutely fucking stupid. Enough is enough.

This is a good read. From a vet.

"Fuck you, I like guns.”

https://agingmillennialengineer.wordpress.com/2018/02/15/fuck-you-i-like-guns-2/

Let’s be honest. You just want a cool toy, and for the vast majority of people, that’s all an AR-15 is. It’s something fun to take to the range and put some really wicked holes in a piece of paper. Good for you. I know how enjoyable that is. I’m sure for a certain percentage of people, they might not kill anyone driving a Formula One car down the freeway, or owning a Cheetah as a pet, or setting off professional grade fireworks without a permit. Some people are good with this stuff, and some people are lucky, but those cases don’t negate the overall rule. Military style rifles have been the choice du jour in the incidents that have made our country the mass shootings capitol of the world. Formula One cars aren’t good for commuting. Cheetahs are bitey. Professional grade fireworks will probably take your hand off. All but one of these are common sense to the average American. Let’s fix that. Be honest, you don’t need that AR-15. Nobody does. Society needs them gone, no matter how good you may be with yours. Kids are dying, and it’s time to stop fucking around.

A record setting 20 minute in and out at the hospital.

This is heart wrenching. Not being political and it doesn’t solve the gun problem but damn could this have stopped this one?

Part of what was reported on Jan 5th. Jesus.

A tipster who was close to Nikolas Cruz called the FBI and provided information about Cruz's guns and his erratic behavior, including his expressed desire to kill people and his disturbing social media posts. The caller was concerned that Cruz could attack a school.

How could this slip?

It certainly should not have slipped. The Rosenstein news conference was timed to deflect. Mueller's main concern appears to be to protect the FBI. Not a good sign.

Risc, looks like you are getting your wish. Good for the kids. Hope millions participate.

Is it a walk out or not going to school all together? A walk out and protest would be much better than just ditching.

Yeah they've got their branding all wrong if that's the plan. Can't walk out if you're not there.

Also, who is going to see you in your orange clothes, your parents at home?

those poor kids think they’re going to make a difference

What else can high school kids do? they are just children. Kids.

i know but this country didn’t give a shit after elementary school kids were gunned down so we certainly won’t care about some high schoolers

Back