• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

We all know what these kids are up against. And that the right would turn on them hard. But it is still somewhat shocking to realize, over and over, that there is no bottom. They can always go lower.

Still looking for evidence that Republicans actually care about the victims of school shootings.

Trump spent the weekend 39 minutes away from Parkland in Mar-A-Lago and didn't meet with a single family or attend a single funeral.

Last edited:
Still looking for evidence that Republicans actually care about the victims of school shootings.

they've long since decided that the right to own a gun is more important than the right to life (unless you're a fetus)

Things could obviously change, but if these trends continue then gun control is another in a long line of inevitable reforms that future generations will usher in. The absolutism of conservatives on these issues tend to result with them absolutely losing all their ground. In their efforts to save bump stocks, the NRA stands to lose a lot more than that.

Trump spent the weekend 39 minutes away from Parkland in Mar-A-Lago and didn't meet with a single family or attend a single funeral.

TBH, if I was in their shoes and was notified that the president wanted to attend my child’s funeral I’d tell them to go fuck themselves.

Brilliant GOP strategy, turn their backs on the youth vote. Countdown until they pass a resolution to raise the voting age. So far they have alienated:

1) blacks
2) latinos
3) LGBT
4) academia/science
5) chronically ill
6) poor
7) native American
and now 8)youth

that gerrymandering is some powerful shit to enable them to ignore/fuck over large swaths of the population and still win elections. Can't wait for GenX to hold all the reigns of power..

The GOP alienated the youth vote long ago. They just operate under the expectation that when people get older and have more wealth, they will become conservative. That’s worked for them for a while. I’m not so sure it will continue.

It also seems like youth voter turnout is probably on the rise.

Good point, but they have always at least paid lip service to the youth, now they are outright attacking them. Im my lifetime I can't remember television pundits acting like this, but I wasn't alive for the 60s hippie counter-culture.

Probably a good thing for the youth, now they have a common enemy and that usually brings groups together...

Good point, but they have always at least paid lip service to the youth, now they are outright attacking them. Im my lifetime I can't remember television pundits acting like this, but I wasn't alive for the 60s hippie counter-culture.

Probably a good thing for the youth, now they have a common enemy and that usually brings groups together...

Of course they have. What do you think they are talking about when they talk about millennials or PC on campuses? The youth vote was huge for Obama, so college campuses are a huge part of voter suppression efforts.

That article is based on a study in the UK.

Of course they have. What do you think they are talking about when they talk about millennials or PC on campuses? The youth vote was huge for Obama, so college campuses are a huge part of voter suppression efforts.

You are talking about dog whistle, coded discussion about youth voting. I'm talking about politicians and pundits openly attacking the integrity of grieving student's protests and accusing them of being led around by George Soros and his liberal agenda.

We had to take active shooter training here at my company a couple of months back where we were instructed by a cop to run, hide, or then attack when someone came in the building shooting. Then we had a drill, and I had to take my team into the computer room, hide behind the rack, and all grab a blunt object and hold it. fucking ridiculous bullshit so that some redneck in Arkansas can shoot his guns at beer cans for a hobby

something my wife, a teacher, reminds me of every time there's a school shooting: that she will sacrifice herself to save students.

But Jimmy Ray won't sacrifice his signature on a license to save them.

A couple times a year I see some girl on my FB feed who got a "designer" styled handgun from their boyfriend or husband for valentines or anniversary. It's fucking gross.

Back