• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Feel optimistic that we can get at least ban bump stocks and improve background checks. Even Trump seems to support both. Not nearly enough, but it's a start. Perhaps my optimism is unfounded, though.

We couldn’t do it after Sandy Hook or Vegas. That’s insane to me given our responses to other terrorist attacks. I think the outspoken kids might just get something done though.

Wayne LaPierre is speaking at CPAC. I'm sure he will have a reasoned, measured take on the situation.

6cb64d826a3bbb0c720453961c27f3d3.jpg

These kids got shot at and watched their classmates die a week ago.

i don't pay any attention to d'souza but eff him and the horse he rode in on for mocking these kids. some appreciation for their passion and engagement in the democratic process would be nice, failing that, respectful silence. Asshat.

Yeah I mean it’s been repeated but when we failed to take action when little kids were slaughtered it’s clear that we as a country just said. Meh

People like Dinesh D’Souza are always interesting because he would be shocked as he’s dragged off to be executed in the racist deplorable utopia that make up a segment of his party.

This is what America is dealing with, we truly are a shithole nation.

Pa. church plans to bless assault rifles, associates them with return of Christ
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/02/pa_church_plans_to_bless_assau.html#incart_most-comments

directly on point:
http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2012/12/15/our-moloch/
The gun is not a mere tool, a bit of technology, a political issue, a point of debate. It is an object of reverence. Devotion to it precludes interruption with the sacrifices it entails. Like most gods, it does what it will, and cannot be questioned. Its acolytes think it is capable only of good things. It guarantees life and safety and freedom. It even guarantees law. Law grows from it. Then how can law question it?

Its power to do good is matched by its incapacity to do anything wrong. It cannot kill. Thwarting the god is what kills. If it seems to kill, that is only because the god’s bottomless appetite for death has not been adequately fed. The answer to problems caused by guns is more guns, millions of guns, guns everywhere, carried openly, carried secretly, in bars, in churches, in offices, in government buildings. Only the lack of guns can be a curse, not their beneficent omnipresence.

Adoration of Moloch permeates the country, imposing a hushed silence as he works his will. One cannot question his rites, even as the blood is gushing through the idol’s teeth.

Conservatives aren’t shouting down these theories either.

The GOP can go fuck themselves

Yep. Still waiting for that evidence that Republicans truly care about victims of school shootings.

This is what America is dealing with, we truly are a shithole nation.

Pa. church plans to bless assault rifles, associates them with return of Christ
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/02/pa_church_plans_to_bless_assau.html#incart_most-comments

The church is run by the Moon family, and church leaders told WNEP they are expecting up to 600 people for the ceremony, with many likely armed with AR-15s.

According to WNEP, the Moon family also owns a nearby gunmaking company.

Back