• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

This Trump "listening session" could be nuts. No prompter, Devos as moderator, Pence in attendance. Surely a couple kids will get through the pre-screening and ask real questions/demand real change. It's not like they can have the secret service some in and drag them out - actually, I guess they could, but it would look horrible.

This Trump "listening session" could be nuts. No prompter, Devos as moderator, Pence in attendance. Surely a couple kids will get through the pre-screening and ask real questions/demand real change. It's not like they can have the secret service some in and drag them out - actually, I guess they could, but it would look horrible.

I have no idea how it will go, but I am glad Trump is doing it.

None of the kids will get to ask serious questions.

Are they going to tase them and drag them out of the room in front of the camera if they do? Upset high school kids aren't typically just going to be play/act nice just because authority figures tell them to.

Are they going to tase them and drag them out of the room in front of the camera if they do? Upset high school kids aren't typically just going to be play/act nice just because authority figures tell them to.

i am too cynical to believe this

Maybe. They won't be treated like "upset high school kids" who survived a literal Valentine's Day Massacre. They'll be treated like liberal "crisis actors."

The Pro-Trump Media Has Its Match In The Parkland Students

They use platforms like Twitter to call out and put pressure on politicians. They address prominent critics like Bill O’Reilly not with bland, carefully written statements, but by dunking on them, and they respond to misinformation in real-time with their own viral, emoji-laden posts. Rather than take the bait on the crisis actor narrative, they opted to have fun with the conspiracy theories by mocking them. “I’m thankful that there are people out there finding my doppelgangers for me. I’ve always wanted to have a party with a room full of people who look like me,” Emma Gonzalez, a Parkland student, told BuzzFeed News. By dismissing the conspiracies for what they are — a tired, rather boring page in the Infowars playbook — Gonzalez and her classmates have stripped them of their power. Before the pro-Trump media can finish its line of attack, the students, unfazed, have moved on, staying one step ahead of their political enemies and owning the story.

Anybody watching the "listening session"? Some pretty legitimate opening statements from kids/parents. Haven't seen anyone dragged out/tased yet, RJ/PH.

Trump looks like he's actually listening, at least.

Anybody watching the "listening session"? Some pretty legitimate opening statements from kids/parents. Haven't seen anyone dragged out/tased yet, RJ/PH.

Trump looks like he's actually listening, at least.

It’s been a joke so far.

You think grieving students and parents speaking their mind to a president is a joke? What a pathetic comment.

we've got students walking out across the nation and so far a it just happens to be a bunch of pro-gun stuff and pro trump sentiments is some how honest representation?

Just a coincidence the that kids sitting next to Trump praised his leadership, huh?

How dare they respect the President? They should have certainly spit in his face or at least told him how terrible he is. Would have been extremely effective.

You can respect the President without praising him.

Back