• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Trump on course for clash with House GOP over gun control

President Donald Trump’s tentative embrace of a narrow background-checks bill is about to hit a towering hurdle: members of his own party.

The White House is signaling support for a bipartisan bill that would enhance reporting of violent criminals to the FBI’s background-checks database in order to stop them from buying firearms. Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) is trying to round up support for it along with the White House — a formidable duo from a party that typically shuns any talk of stricter gun measures.

Story Continued Below

But House conservatives are unwilling to sign on, unless the measure is coupled with so-called “concealed-carry” legislation backed by the National Rifle Association. Combining the two ideas would have the net effect of loosening gun controls.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/21/trump-gun-control-house-republicans-419746?lo=ap_b1

guess Ill be homeschooling my kids or moving the family out of the country I'm not sending them anywhere with armed teachers.

signed, WakeandBake - gun owner

Cool, patrolling schools for one county in Florida really hits the heart of the matter, especially if the shooter manages to escape and return to the scene to finish what he started.

guess Ill be homeschooling my kids or moving the family out of the country I'm not sending them anywhere with armed teachers.

signed, WakeandBake - gun owner

If you’re a gun owner who is homeschooling your kids, you’re the armed teacher.

i'm sure the best use of tax resources is paying a bunch of gomer pyles overtime to stand around the school parking lot

How long until the first teenage girl complains about getting sexually harassed by some armed vet?

giphy.gif

fuck him, man. I signed that post that way to make the point that reasonable gun owners can see the stupidity in arming teachers, and he has to go be the cunt that he usually is. fuck that motherfucker. Im mad as hell about this shit and Im standing here looking at three precious kids and shaking my head just like the rest of you

i'm sure the best use of tax resources is paying a bunch of gomer pyles overtime to stand around the school parking lot

I'm also sure that doing so will give right-wingers the chance to slash a major welfare program to pay for the "improved" school security. I can see Paul Ryan already drooling: "Well, we can't afford free or reduced school lunches for poor kids anymore, because we have to use those funds to pay for men like retired Private Leonard "Gomer" Lawrence here to provide more security for our schools and to keep our kids safe...even if they can't afford to eat at lunchtime anymore."

FFS, he needed notes to help him have compassion and act like a human.

I'm also sure that doing so will give right-wingers the chance to slash a major welfare program to pay for the "improved" school security. I can see Paul Ryan already drooling: "Well, we can't afford free or reduced school lunches for poor kids anymore, because we have to use those funds to pay for men like retired Private Leonard "Gomer" Lawrence here to provide more security for our schools and to keep our kids safe...even if they can't afford to eat at lunchtime anymore."

this. You have to give them credit for their steadfastness

How long until one of these rent a cops leaves their gun unattended and a student steals it and uses it. Probably very soon.

Back