• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

I understand and accept that rifles and handguns are also tools that some people need. Where I think the problem lays is that our American gun culture celebrates enthusiasts, collectors, and casual owners, because its a big fucking business. Dipshits keep loaded handguns in their nightstands and under the seats of their car. Assholes advertise their assault rifle collection to everyone they know.

The politicization of gun culture has cultivatated a perverse and stupid cultural pride among gun enthusiasts simply for lacking fear of guns. Enthusiasts fetishize and glamourize the ownership aspect of gun culture, and completely dismiss the risks. Men collect handguns like baseball cards and the women bejewel their guns like costume jewelry. Gun culture also encourages over-casual ownership, people who purchase or illegally require a gun out of a legimate need for self defense, but don't respect the dangers of ownership, and aren't responsible.

Here's an anecdote: Just last week I was having a group lunch and a young woman was proudly talking about how she and her boyfriend had multiple guns in their house, and told a story about how she was changing the sheets on their bed while he was away and a loaded handgun fell put of the sheets and onto the floor and scared her. She laughed about it! Turns out her stupid ass boyfriend kept a loaded handgun under his pillow and she didnt even know it.

Lol! Loaded guns under pillows and casually falling on the floor! So funny!

Gotta protect yourself from the violent hoard of brown people that are coming to your house.

Lol! Loaded guns under pillows and casually falling on the floor! So funny!

Gotta protect yourself from the violent hoard of brown people that are coming to your house.

This was a brown girl, but she probably has similar beliefs. Anecdotally, the African Americans i've met in my life have been just as casually approving of gun culture as white people. Maybe its a regional thing, being in the south.

Last edited:
Guy I went to high school with posted a story on Facebook about eight years ago where he said he was joking around with his wife and she playfully swatted him around the hip, smacked his holstered gun, and hurt her hand. His caption was "we both learned a valuable lesson from that."

The top comment was "did you learn that you don't need to carry guns around?"

Still not sure what the valuable lesson she supposedly learned was - something something "don't mess with me because I have a gun?"

he learned his wife could turn into a viciousness monster and strike him at any time and he needs his sidearm 24/7

actually, what you need is a good 11 year old with a gun to stop the bad 11 year olds with guns

Good thing dumbass grandpa had that gun to keep his wife and grandson safe.

I’m sorry but I have a tough time mustering sympathy for these idiot gun owners who put their families in danger.

I was thinking Grandma needed a gun to protect herself from a bad grandson with a gun.

meksika-cikmazi_376050.jpg

I was thinking Grandma needed a gun to protect herself from a bad grandson with a gun.

Or the gun would have "encouraged" him to clean his room. Because guns are fun toys we use to solve our problems.

I can't imagine how bad the grandfather feels. He was certainly negligent in allowing such seemingly easy access to a loaded gun, but obviously the kid had some very serious issues. Why was he not living with his parents in the first place?

I can't imagine how bad the grandfather feels. He was certainly negligent in allowing such seemingly easy access to a loaded gun, but obviously the kid had some very serious issues. Why was he not living with his parents in the first place?

b/c JHMD said so

agree with ph. boo hoo for the dumbass old man.

Back