• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

The GOP really doesn't seem to grasp that at some point, their gun-clutching rubes are not going to be a big enough population to prevent gun control legislation from coming down, and at the point that they realize this, it will be too late for the even half-measures that Democrats have proposed for the most basic gun control legislation. The Democrats will go for it all.

I don’t think that’s the case at all.

I want be sad. I want to be angry. I want to be ... something.

Instead this has become so routine it's hard to feel any emotion at all. This is who we are and what we have decided we want to be.

It's progressed to the point where I'm not even upset that I'm not upset, if that makes any sense.

I don’t think that’s the case at all.

The Republican electorate is shrinking by the year. The GOP hasn't had a fresh idea that would court undecided/Democratic voters in decades. Eventually the math just won't be there, and when that day comes, Democrats will be in a position to take advantage.

Huge caveat: the Democrats are inept and likely always will be.

No. I don’t think Democrats will go for a full gun ban as you suggest.

If this mass shooting happened 20 years ago it would be headline news for weeks, now it will be afterthought today and forgotten tomorrow.

No. I don’t think Democrats will go for a full gun ban as you suggest.

Oh, gotcha. That's not what I meant, I do not think that at any point in the 21st century there will be an attempt to repeal the 2nd Amendment, let alone having a repeal pass. I meant proposed bans on assault weapons, handguns and large capacity magazines, a national firearm database with fingerprinting and extremely strict background checks, nationwide studies on the negative impacts guns have on public safety, health and welfare.

Gotcha. Yeah, I think Democrats may even pass something like that in the House.

I have no idea how we are ever going to make progress on this issue. Democrats hedge as much as possible, but Republicans won't budge a single inch on incremental reform. It's arguably the most hopeless and divisive legislative topic in current politics.

Thank God Trump is keeping my family safe from the caravan invaders! No reason to fear anything with that under control.

Easiest job in the world is being the NRA's social media manager. Dude is probably happy that it happened on a Thursday. 4-day weekend!

One article said people were line dancing, so it does suggest it was a country music bar.

One article said people were line dancing, so it does suggest it was a country music bar.

NPR reported this morning that the bar takes on different themes. One night it's a dance club, the next a comedy club, the next it could be a honky tonk.

Back