• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

It definitely seems like you've reached a conclusion and you're finding ways to bend to that conclusion (excluding numbers for dubious reasons, using hunches, etc.)

the original statement was that cars cause more deaths than guns. That was based on accidents and homocides caused by guns vs people that die in car accidents. I discounted (or actually outright ignored) suicides. Some were saying that they don't discount suicides and showing numbers to suggest that guns increased suicide rates. I can't argue with the numbers but proposed some contradicting data that I could quickly find (i'm not interested in putting a lot of effort into this). However, at the end of the day it's really suicides that I discount, not what caused them....I just didn't want to get into a sensitivity discussion about suicide

The reality doesn't change. There is no logical excuse not to have background checks and registration or every gun sale. There is no logical reason for the public to have 15, 20, 30 or 90 round devices. There's no reason why ammo sales don't go through background checks as it is illegal for many of the same people who can't buy guns to buy ammo.

the original statement was that cars cause more deaths than guns. That was based on accidents and homocides caused by guns vs people that die in car accidents. I discounted (or actually outright ignored) suicides. Some were saying that they don't discount suicides and showing numbers to suggest that guns increased suicide rates. I can't argue with the numbers but proposed some contradicting data that I could quickly find (i'm not interested in putting a lot of effort into this). However, at the end of the day it's really suicides that I discount, not what caused them....I just didn't want to get into a sensitivity discussion about suicide

Clearly

They gave the kid Cheez-its and some toy cars to play with...apparently the kid has Asperger's. I have to imagine the poor kid is going to start losing it if he hasn't already.

If he's shooting people who don't pick up their dog's shit, then I'm on his side.

he shot one of them on his balcony, but then proceeded to climb a flight of stairs and enter their apartment, where he shot the other one as he was attempting to escape through a window

If he's shooting people who don't pick up their dog's shit, then I'm on his side.

he shot one of them on his balcony, but then proceeded to climb a flight of stairs and enter their apartment, where he shot the other one as he was attempting to escape through a window

good, eliminate those people with extreme prejudice

Agreed. Seems reasonable. Justifiable homicide most likely. Doubt charges are pressed.

GREENVILLE, SC - A 3-year-old shot himself in the head while playing with a pink gun he mistook for a toy.

discovery_pink_gun_130205a-615x345.jpg

Last edited:
another responsible gun owner whose guns could never get in the wrong hands. terrible news.

Didn't somebody post that gun or another pink gun earlier in this thread? I think I said it looks like the old school NES gun.

Back