• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

I’ll never for the life of me understand people who crave guns yet think America doesn’t have a gun problem. We have countless examples of idiots like this and republicans just shrug their shoulders and demonize hungry people at the border. Crazy.

I’ll never for the life of me understand people who crave guns yet think America doesn’t have a gun problem. We have countless examples of idiots like this and republicans just shrug their shoulders and demonize hungry people at the border. Crazy.

DDfo-5gXgAQ0BAh.jpg

Why would you desperately need a gun to protect yourself unless you thought gun violence was a problem? If gun violence isn't a big deal, who are you trying to protect yourself from?

"we felt like charges were not warranted in this particular case."

Even for the irresponsible idiot who left a loaded handgun in the unlocked console of a car with two unsupervised children in it perhaps?

Denver schools, as well as communities close by, are closed today after an 18 year old Florida girl flew to the area and purchased guns. There's a manhunt out for her and police say she's obsessed with Columbine. However in the BOLO, police provided that there is no PC to arrest her and that she should be picked up for mental health evaluations.

There must be more to this story behind this but it seems strange that all these schools shut down, the police are on a huge manhunt, and they don't even have probable cause to arrest her. Indictment of our gun laws and certainly implicates some civil rights issues if there isn't even enough PC to arrest her.

We had a home inspection visit by a social worker as part of the adoption process, and she asked if we had any guns and when we said no she seemed genuinely shocked.

We had a home inspection visit by a social worker as part of the adoption process, and she asked if we had any guns and when we said no she seemed genuinely shocked.

But how are you going to protect your kid without a gun?

No, but for different reasons.

Denver schools, as well as communities close by, are closed today after an 18 year old Florida girl flew to the area and purchased guns. There's a manhunt out for her and police say she's obsessed with Columbine. However in the BOLO, police provided that there is no PC to arrest her and that she should be picked up for mental health evaluations.

There must be more to this story behind this but it seems strange that all these schools shut down, the police are on a huge manhunt, and they don't even have probable cause to arrest her. Indictment of our gun laws and certainly implicates some civil rights issues if there isn't even enough PC to arrest her.

This story didn't have a happy ending, though it certainly could have a worse one.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/04...chool-threats-colorado-echo-lake-mount-evans/

How many more hate crimes have to be committed before the nation starts holding the rhetoric of hate and otherism of Trump responsible?

According to a manifesto, published online shortly after 10 a.m. PST on Saturday, Earnest also takes responsibility for an Escondido Mosque arson a month prior. During that incident, Earnest spray-painted messages referencing the New Zealand mosque shooting.

The synagogue shooting and the mosque arson were less than 9 miles apart.

Filled with racist rants and quotes from the Bible, Earnest praises the suspects responsible for the New Zealand mosque and Pittsburgh synagogue shootings as his inspiration for the planned shooting in Poway.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...ct-in-Poway-Synagogue-Shooting-509166781.html

I’m sure there were good people on both sides...

Good grief, cannot wait to put this abhorrent genital wart on American history behind us.

Back