• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

A few counties have already come out and said they will not participate. Haven't seen a list of counties that will.

This is helpful.

Then there's this.

It's sick to me that media are treating him like a hero so we will forget that he is a victim.

The whole purpose of guns is so a pathetic piece of shit like the UNCC shooter can have an upper hand on a real man like Riley. It doesn't make me feel better that the shooter has a gun so other weak assholes can feel safe when they go to church or school.

Last edited:
It's sick to me that media are treating him like a hero so we will forget that he is a victim.

The whole purpose of guns is so a pathetic piece of shit like the UNCC shooter can have an upper hand on a real man like Riley. It doesn't make me feel better that the shooter has a gun so other weak assholes can feel safe when they go to church or school.

Wait, what? The media is focusing much more on the hero in this case than the shooter. I appreciate that, and hope it continues in the future. Will lead to much less "hero worship" of the shooters themselves by other crazies.

Also, I think it's pretty graphic and upsetting to read how he was shot 3 times, the last one point blank in the head. If that's not a victim, then I'm not sure what is.

Focus on heroism makes it seem like these shootings are inevitable events and it's up to victims to protect themselves. It absolves policymakers and law enforcement of their responsibilities. All these school drills and bills to arm teachers serve the same purpose too. It's all about shifting blame.

Focus on heroism makes it seem like these shootings are inevitable events and it's up to victims to protect themselves. It absolves policymakers and law enforcement of their responsibilities. All these school drills and bills to arm teachers serve the same purpose too. It's all about shifting blame.

yeah and the thinking is if he or someone else had a gun he would still be alive, rather than wondering how this situation came up in the first place. adding guns to the situation is always the ideal solution.

I'm all for the media continuing to push for gun reform and pressure lawmakers, but they are always primarily going to report on what actually happened and those involved. Focusing on the heroes/victims involved is much better than the shooters.

Christ.

How do you gun fanatics who oppose even basic gun safety precautions (i.e. the NRA) not get tired of this?

Two students are the suspects.

If teachers were armed, Ms. Johnson could have shot Johnny and Dan from 5th period Chemistry and everything would be great.

Last edited:
Man it’s awesome to see elementary school kids filing out of school white their hands up.

Fuck you gun assholes. Fuck you

The bills to arm teachers are about selling more guns. It’s why that industry is full of soulless assholes.

Back