• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Didn't somebody post that gun or another pink gun earlier in this thread? I think I said it looks like the old school NES gun.

The news story is from yesterday, but I grabbed the picture off a blog I saw linking to the story. Apologies if the pic is old.

I think a different pink gun was posted. We had the exact conversation that children would mistake it for a toy.

So we can pass laws saying you can't use animated figures in marketing cigarettes, but pink guns are fair game.

As the Left's hysterical crusade against guns plays out in the public schools, this point is spot on.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/...y-Popular-Delusions-and-the-Madness-of-Crowds

After a few months of government-sponsored and media-promoted hysteria over guns, the mass roundup of toddlers and preteens wielding high capacity pointyfingers is hardly surprising.

Lefties are fond of lecturing (and writing books, and plays, and movies) about the famously dark days of McCarthyism, where right wing Bircher paranoiacs supposedly were looking for a 'Red under every bed.' I suppose to a certain extent they had a point, but the sum total impact of that brief 50's reign of terror seems to be that a couple of Hollywood writers lost screenplay deals.

Contrast that with our new age of left wing paranoia. Now that the national boogie men are Gunnies rather than Commies, there ain't no bed, or closet, or playground safe to hide from our brave safety crusaders. No one is above suspicion, and so holy is their cause that even crayon-scrawled representations of Demon Gun must be banned. Obviously, we have to arrest children precisely because it's For The Children. Welcome to New Salem, with the Reverend Piers Morgan as our new Cotton Mather.

link to the mass roundup of toddlers and preteens? I think I missed that.

You know what I didn't miss? the toddler shooting themselves in the head with a pink gun.

Mass roundup of toddlers and preteens? Arresting children? What?

More hysteria from the anti-gun crowd. Remember: It's for the children.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/polic...or-bringing-toy-gun-to-school/article/2520632

A 10-year-old Alexandria boy was arrested after police said he brought a toy handgun to school on Tuesday, a day after he showed it to others on a school bus.

The boy, a fifth-grader at Douglas MacArthur Elementary School whose name is not being released, was charged as a juvenile with brandishing a weapon, police said.

He was also suspended from school, and Alexandria City Public Schools Superintendent Morton Sherman said further action is being considered, including expulsion. ...

School officials said they learned about the incident Monday evening and immediately started investigating. Alexandria police spoke to school administrators Tuesday morning before the boy got to school.

When the boy arrived, authorities found the toy in his backpack. He was taken into custody, transported to a juvenile detention center for booking and then released to his parents, Hildebrandt said.

"The safety of our students is always our first concern," Sherman said. "We appreciate the quick response and action by our police."

The toy resembled a semi-automatic handgun, said police spokesman Jody Donaldson. It was silver and had a black handle. It also had a orange tip that went into the barrel, showing that no ammunition was coming out of it.

More hysteria from the anti-gun crowd. Remember: It's for the children.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/polic...or-bringing-toy-gun-to-school/article/2520632

A 10-year-old Alexandria boy was arrested after police said he brought a toy handgun to school on Tuesday, a day after he showed it to others on a school bus.

The boy, a fifth-grader at Douglas MacArthur Elementary School whose name is not being released, was charged as a juvenile with brandishing a weapon, police said.

He was also suspended from school, and Alexandria City Public Schools Superintendent Morton Sherman said further action is being considered, including expulsion. ...

School officials said they learned about the incident Monday evening and immediately started investigating. Alexandria police spoke to school administrators Tuesday morning before the boy got to school.

When the boy arrived, authorities found the toy in his backpack. He was taken into custody, transported to a juvenile detention center for booking and then released to his parents, Hildebrandt said.

"The safety of our students is always our first concern," Sherman said. "We appreciate the quick response and action by our police."

The toy resembled a semi-automatic handgun, said police spokesman Jody Donaldson. It was silver and had a black handle. It also had a orange tip that went into the barrel, showing that no ammunition was coming out of it.

So let me get this straight. It's fine to make real guns that look like toys. Kids should be allowed to bring guns into school without an inspection to make sure they're toys. Also, these schools should have armed teachers and volunteers who would do what now if they saw a child with a gun from 50 feet away? You'll have to clarify the last part.

Last edited:
RaleighDevil never distinguished himself as a troll, but he sure has now.

Facepalm

Gun kook in Allie-bama thought the gov't was harboring aliens and was coming for his guns. He was right about the second part...

This link is a few weeks old but I don't recall seeing it posted. A week after Sandy Hook, PBS commentator Mark Shields said on-air that more Americans have been killed by domestic gun incidents since 1968 than have been killed in all U.S. wars, ever. He wasn't exaggerating.

Gunfire deaths:

1968 to 1980 377,000
1981 to 1998 620,525
1999 to 2010 364,483
2011 32,163
Total 1,384,171

War deaths:

Revolutionary War
4,435​
War of 1812
2,260​
Mexican War
13,283​
Civil War (Union and Confederate, estimated)
525,000​
Spanish-American War
2,446​
World War I
116,516​
World War II
405,399​
Korean War
36,574​
Vietnam War
58,220​
Persian Gulf War
383​
Afghanistan War
2,175​
Iraq War
4,486​
Total

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...mmentator-mark-shields-says-more-killed-guns/

This link is a few weeks old but I don't recall seeing it posted. A week after Sandy Hook, PBS commentator Mark Shields said on-air that more Americans have been killed by domestic gun incidents since 1968 than have been killed in all U.S. wars, ever. He wasn't exaggerating.

Gunfire deaths:

1968 to 1980 377,000
1981 to 1998 620,525
1999 to 2010 364,483
2011 32,163
Total 1,384,171

War deaths:

Revolutionary War
4,435​
War of 1812
2,260​
Mexican War
13,283​
Civil War (Union and Confederate, estimated)
525,000​
Spanish-American War
2,446​
World War I
116,516​
World War II
405,399​
Korean War
36,574​
Vietnam War
58,220​
Persian Gulf War
383​
Afghanistan War
2,175​
Iraq War
4,486​
Total

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...mmentator-mark-shields-says-more-killed-guns/

Wow that's pretty staggering but gun nuts don't care about deaths. They want to shoot guns.

Back