• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

There is no legitimate reason for any private citizen to own a weapon of war.

Gun nuts are disgusting. Republicans are disgusting. The gun industry and lobby is disgusting. This blood is on their hands.

The fact he mentioned Trump inherently contradicts his basic premise. Why mention it if it wasn't part of it?

Seriously.

“I blame immigration and automation for my shitty life (instead of taking responsibility for it) so I’m going to go shoot up a wal-mart and kill as many people as possible. But this has nothing to do with Trump...I’m serious.”

I read through the last 10 years of items on that list and not a single thing was done to actually restrict access to guns. A few bills were introduced that never passed and Trump said two years ago that we should ban bump stocks but never actually did it. That’s not incremental, that’s nothing but bluster and inaction.

history did not begin 10 years ago

Fuck that asshole for emboldening white supremacists for years under the guise of conservatism. I’m tired of these people pretending they didn’t play a role in this because they don’t like one guy in their movement who became president.

https://newsone.com/3883517/el-paso-shooter-patrick-crusius/

"A manifesto purportedly written by Crusius, perhaps even in the hours before the shooting attack that according to one report left at least 18 people dead, was left behind. Pages of the manifesto included anti-immigrant rhetoric with the author going into depth on why he is “against race mixing,” supports the idea to “send them back” and offering a prediction of “genocide.”

"Send them back" but has nothing to do with Trump's racist statements...the check is in the mail...

Banning any firearm that is fed by a detachable magazine and capable of semiautomatic fire would help significantly.

nothing will be done

incremental stuff will have little to no effect, the US has been doing that since at least the assassination of JFK

but you can signal your virtue, if it makes you feel good

Nothing can be done.

The fact he mentioned Trump inherently contradicts his basic premise. Why mention it if it wasn't part of it?

Exactly. He even cites "fake news." His worldview has been emboldened if not completely shaped by Trump's rhetoric and the entire Republican party is complicit in this shit.

He’s a deplorable who clings to his gun, probably his religion too. Democrats call out these people but can’t beat them.

He posted his BS on the same site as the Christchurch (NZ), Poway synagogue and Gilroy shooters posted theirs. That site is for radical white nationalists.

As Chris Rock said many years ago, he isn't afraid of al qeada. He's afraid of al cracker. This was long before a cracker was put in the WH.

history did not begin 10 years ago

Society didn’t end 10 years ago either, but all 5 of the 5 worst mass shooting in US history have occurred in the last 10 years and not a single fucking thing but prayers have been tried to curb the murder.

nothing will be done

incremental stuff will have little to no effect, the US has been doing that since at least the assassination of JFK

Nothing can be done.

I see zero need for Antifa to be there.

They are a fringe group and need to be ignored and relegated to the dustbin of history.

I see zero need for Antifa to be there.

They are a fringe group and need to be ignored and relegated to the dustbin of history.

You took the bait. Too many people are talking about Antifa when they should be talking about white supremacists and their enablers.

Jesus. If the manifesto is real and other news reports are accurate, a white supremacist who blames immigrants and automation for his lot in life walked into an El Paso Walmart and killed at least 15 people. And what does the Lt. Governor of the great State of Texas do in response? Hold a press conference and bravely warn a left-wing group to stay out of El Paso. I hate to tell you this, dude, but the problem in El Paso isn't Antifa, it's an armed white supremacist with a grudge against darker-skinned folks and resentment over their lot in life. Maybe they shouldn't have access to guns. Nah. Better to just rail on a left-wing group that may not even be going to El Paso (and if they are, it won't be for another month) rather than deal with the real problem. And Fox News gave his press conference big play. Deflection, deflection, deflection.

Last edited:
And LK fell for it. I’m sure Creamy, whatabout, DG3, and others will do the same.

Antifa is barely even real. It’s a conservative boogie man. It’s people who show up to push back on the real villains, the Nazis, the fascists, the Confederates, the white nationalists, and often the cops who protect them.

You can’t expect Fox News and Republicans to treat white supremacy as a problem because they believe it is the solution.

Last edited:
nothing will be done

So wait, you came here to stick it to the lubes by calling them virtue signalers? After another mass shooting that could be prevented if pro life republicans cared more about people than guns? Really? Your republicans are the only people virtue signaling here and they signal they are pro gun and anti life.

Back