• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Oh, I get it-she runs Moms demand action, mothers get pregnant via sex, and women who have sex are sluts! Hilarious.

Meanwhile, those guys are planning a huge gun rally in Richmond on MLK day. That should be fun.

Oh, I get it-she runs Moms demand action, mothers get pregnant via sex, and women who have sex are sluts! Hilarious.

Meanwhile, those guys are planning a huge gun rally in Richmond on MLK day. That should be fun.

You mean Lee-Jackson day.

Thanks. I seriously didn't get it. Shannon Watts is a badass. In a very short period of time, she's spearheaded a movement that goes toe to toe with the NRA and has the gun nut incels scared. She doesn't back down, she's a good speaker, and a great organizer.

Are we not doing the civility thing anymore?

yes, I'm sure GTB will be right over to condemn this incivility, and assure us that it doesn't in any way justify being mean to right wing gun nuts. In upside down right wing civility world, "being mean to" is a synonym for, among other things: (i) telling the truth about; (ii) politically opposing; (iii) disagreeing with; or (iv) failing to kowtow to.

Yeah, I get that, but your stomach is filled with jizz and you don't act all entitled.

Oh boy.

Gun rights resolution pitched for Forsyth County

What the hell are they doing up in Virginia that’s got all the local nuts even more spooked than usual?

Probably just reasonable gun control that most folks would want if offered generally. But NOT when them gun grabbing Dems are in charge.

Jesus.

This pic in that article sums it up. Mostly OWGs. One wearing a MAGA hat. And then this quote:

“ We have children. We worry about people coming into our homes,” said Alex Nelson, describing himself as a retired military man. “We worry about our children’s safety every time they come home.”

Ah yes more guns in the home will protect your child from these boogeymen coming to get them inside your home, surely the gun itself would never harm them. What about the guns that harm children every day inside homes who stumble upon them and accidentally shoot themselves? These people...

Oh boy.

What the hell are they doing up in Virginia that’s got all the local nuts even more spooked than usual?

Probably just reasonable gun control that most folks would want if offered generally. But NOT when them gun grabbing Dems are in charge.

Jesus.

The Associated Press reported that a ban on assault weapons is one that Virginia Democrats are considering, along with a one-gun-per-month purchase limit, universal background checks and a “red flag” measure that would allow authorities to temporarily confiscate someone’s guns if the person was deemed a threat to themselves or others.

Sounds pretty dire. What kind of country is it where you can't buy multiple assault rifles every month without a background check?
(answer: all the other countries)

It's amazing to me how much self-worth these people have tied up in their guns. Like they can't be a real man and protect their family without a firearm, or that somehow the ability to pop off a bunch of semi-auto rounds at the range makes them a better person. There is nothing I own that is so important to my self-esteem, or that would make me feel so helpless if I was deprived of it. Or, just told I could only buy one of it a month FFS.

They’re weak mediocre people.

Most of them can't afford buying multiple expensive weapons in a month. I can't.

Most of them can't afford buying multiple expensive weapons in a month. I can't.

It's not that hard if you're living on Mountain Dew and Hot Pockets.

Oh boy.

Jesus.

Right-wing social media and bloggers have latched onto this and blown it up nationally. Many conservatives now see this attempt by VA to pass some moderate gun control legislation as the opening shot in a second Civil War to destroy their "constitutional rights" to apparently own as many guns of any type as they want. As I posted yesterday, I see posts from gun nuts I used to know growing up on facebook, and they're very upset and practically hyperventilating about it. One guy posts some new "outrage" from the VA legislature or "Governor Blackface" as they keep calling Northam (Angus would be so proud) every few hours. Gun nuts seem to have convinced themselves that this is it - the opening move by LibDem Communist Godless Bureaucrats to finally take away their sacred Second Amendment rights.

Yep, that sounds like what is happening.

WTF.

This is why we can't get needed shit done in this country. Pubs labor under the horrific misperception that doing good equates to essentially less taxes/regulation and undoing whatever the fuck Dems did when they were in charge. Dems get some good shit done when they are in charge but that doesn't last in a lot of places due to inflammatory lying by "conservative" leaders and grotesque misunderstanding by their followers.

Sigh.

Back