Page 345 of 351 FirstFirst ... 245295335340341342343344345346347348349350 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 7007

Thread: Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Historically Competitive
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    If I'm understanding the story correctly, the chased him down because they suspected him to be a burglar? They grabbed their guns and chased him down because they believed he was boosting property? We care so much more about stuff than people in this country.
    Too many people say this first part of this like the murder would be more excusable if the victim was (or, winds up being) the burglar.

I know that's not your angle... but, that mentality is out there in so many of these cases with an unarmed person of color... And, shockingly, it's almost entirely from the side that claims to be for 'law and order'.

The penalty for petty larceny is not death in this country. Not at the hands of the police. And, especially not by some slack-jawwed yokels on the side of a country road.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by vtwhat etc View Post
    Too many people say this first part of this like the murder would be more excusable if the victim was (or, winds up being) the burglar.

I know that's not your angle... but, that mentality is out there in so many of these cases with an unarmed person of color... And, shockingly, it's almost entirely from the side that claims to be for 'law and order'.

The penalty for petty larceny is not death in this country. Not at the hands of the police. And, especially not by some slack-jawwed yokels on the side of a country road.
    Thatís what Iím getting at. Even if you take the race angle out of this (thatís patently absurd, but millions of maga idiots claim to want a race blind society), this whole tragedy is because some asshole rubes pulled a gun on a guy over some jewelry.

Fuck that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Did you explain that this was exactly like Zimmerman killing Trayvon before the video evidence came to light?
    Haven't engaged this person politically in a while.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Thatís what Iím getting at. Even if you take the race angle out of this (thatís patently absurd, but millions of maga idiots claim to want a race blind society), this whole tragedy is because some asshole rubes pulled a gun on a guy over some jewelry.

Fuck that noise.
    To be fair, theyíre consistent. The same folks want to put their lives at risk for the ďeconomy.Ē

Never Murdered My FIL
    To be fair, theyíre consistent. The same folks want to put their lives at risk for the ďeconomy.Ē
    That was my original point. Itís a fundamental American value to place property over people.

Fuck that noise.
    yep, a whole shitload of white cracker Americans believe that you deserve it if you are committing even a non-violent crime like loitering or playing loud music or shoplifting. They want to be Billy bad-ass TV vigilante's with their flabby arms and man-tits

Quote Originally Posted by WakeandBake View Post
    Nothing would make me happier than beating those white trash motherfuckers with a 7iron until their underdeveloped brain tissue was splattered all over their immediate family

Why do I watch videos like that? Fucking awful
    I get the sentiment, but damn, this may point to some deep-seeded issues. I think a simple Cookout Tray would make me much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    I get the sentiment, but damn, this may point to some deep-seeded issues. I think a simple Cookout Tray would make me much happier.
    that's funny. You watched the video and became hungry, I watched the video and became enraged. I'll take my issues over yours any day fatty

This has got to be a death penalty case.

Quote Originally Posted by centerdeac View Post
    This has got to be a death penalty case.
    Youíre assuming they donít get away scott free.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeandBake View Post
    that's funny. You watched the video and became hungry, I watched the video and became enraged. I'll take my issues over yours any day fatty
    I was sick to my stomach when I watched the video. It did not make me want to beat anyone to death with a golf club, though. Perhaps I should have used a more blatant example of something that would bring me happiness, like the birth of a child or a loved one beating cancer.

In general, you seem like the kind of guy who might go into a local NRA office or GOP campaign headquarters one day and start knifing folks. Maybe a chemical attack.

Anyways, glad justice is at least beginning to be served here (by the law, not a pscyho).

Banhammer'd
    It would could 90s gun-Biden. He got rid of assault rifle sales for a decades, kept spousal abusers from getting guns, supported an even stronger Brady Bill and the Violence Against Women Act. I'm not sure it will happen, but we can hope.

I was sick to my stomach when I watched the video. It did not make me want to beat anyone to death with a golf club, though. Perhaps I should have used a more blatant example of something that would bring me happiness, like the birth of a child or a loved one beating cancer.

In general, you seem like the kind of guy who might go into a local NRA office or GOP campaign headquarters one day and start knifing folks. Maybe a chemical attack.

Anyways, glad justice is at least beginning to be served here (by the law, not a pscyho).
    Yeah youíre probably right, you might want to stay away from NRA offices and GOP offices in the greater Chicago area.

Meanwhile, I still want to beat those redneck assholes to death. I really do, man. Chasing and trapping an unarmed man, blasting him in the head with a shotgun, and then having no remorse and pretending to be innocent and invoking your law enforcement credentials....nah fuck those guys. Enjoy your burger

I guess I misread this when I thought tigerswood was saying he wouldn't waste a 7-iron on these guys and would prefer beating them with a physical tray from Cookout.

The first time seeing the video, this is so sad, needless, and reprehensible. IMO, the guy is clearly out for a run and just tries to jog around the truck when they attacked him. No doubt they should be indicted and jailed for cold-blooded murder. Would they have done this if the jogger was white?? I immediately thought of Trayvon Martin only hoping for better justice in this case.

So glad that the video finally surfaced and that these two assholes will be locked up for the rest of their lives.

I guess I misread this when I thought tigerswood was saying he wouldn't waste a 7-iron on these guys and would prefer beating them with a physical tray from Cookout.
    Iím just a lover not a fighter. Watching ďGrass is GreenerĒ on Netflix and enjoying my weed pen. Man, I knew drug laws were dumb and racist AF, but holy hell Nixon and Reagan were bad.

Yep. Conservatives have spent the last 50 years mastering ways to oppress people they don't like without being too obvious about it.

With respect to Arbery, here's a short read from a friend of mine about his research on racial differences in physical activity and how it relates to this incident.
    https://theconversation.com/the-kill...e-black-138085

In 2017, I published a study on physical activity Ė focusing on where and how people exercise, and breaking this down by race and gender. I surveyed nearly 500 middle-class black and white professionals around the United States. The research also included in-depth interviews, focus groups and observations of public spaces in cities with varying racial and class compositions including Oakland and Rancho Cucamonga, California; Brentwood, Tennessee; Bowie, Maryland; and Forest Park, Ohio.
    I found that race and place significantly inform where people engage in physical activity: White men, white women and black women living in predominately white areas were significantly more likely to engage in physical activity in their neighborhoods. Black men living in predominately white neighborhoods, however, were far less likely to engage in physical activity in the areas surrounding their own homes.
    Good neighbors?

Black men I interviewed who had jogged in white neighborhoods where they lived reported incidents of the police being called on them, neighbors scurrying to the other side of the street as they approached, receiving disgruntled looks and seeing the shutting of screen doors as they passed. Similar experiences have been documented in public places like stores, restaurants and coffee shops.

Signaling or survival?

Some black men attempt to make themselves less threatening. When it comes to jogging in white neighborhoods, some of the black men I spoke to wore alumnus T-shirts, carried I.D., waved and smiled at neighbors, and ran in well-lit, populated areas.
    This is hardly surprising. Black men do this at work by thinking consciously about their attire, tone and pitch of voice, and behavioral mannerisms. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic, many black men are going to great lengths to reduce criminalization by staying in the house, wearing colorful masks and even forgoing masks altogether.
    Sociologists call it a signaling process. Black men call it survival.

So former NBA player Shannon Brown was arrested for shooting at people from his home last week. In Georgia.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...g-home-georgia

Now I'm not saying he was justified, but he was arrested for shooting at two people who didn't tie and those yokels who killed Arbery weren't arrested for 2 months for shooting someone and killing him.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Youíre assuming they donít get away scott free.
    People have a weird tendency to give our justice system (especially in the south) the benefit of doubt.

White people have a weird tendency to give our justice system (especially white people in the south) the benefit of doubt.
    Fixed.