Page 346 of 351 FirstFirst ... 246296336341342343344345346347348349350351 LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 7003

Thread: Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Fixed.
    That’s fair.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Biff's boy Jake Fromm has a plan for dealing with guns.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/06/04/ja...s-white-people

According to the text messages, which date back to March 2019 but leaked on Thursday, Fromm said he thinks “guns are good, adding, “Just make them very expensive so only elite white people can get them haha.”

A little humor from our Aussie friends:

NRA Accidentally Forgets To Rise Up Against Tyrannical Government
    https://www.theshovel.com.au/2020/06...al-government/

An embarrassed National Rifle Association says it totally forgot to do the one thing it has been saying for years it is solely there to do.
    “Our whole reason for lobbying for looser gun laws and amassing huge personal arsenals of weapons these past years was so that we could ensure the security of a free state and protect the people from an oppressive government. And then it actually happened, and the whole rising up against a tyrannical government thing just totally slipped our minds, which is a little embarrassing,” a sheepish NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said.
    He said the morale around the NRA has been pretty low. “The guys feel pretty silly. We had our well regulated militia stocked up and ready to go, just waiting for the moment when the Government would turn on its own people. And then the government started shooting protesters and rolling tanks down the street, and we were like ‘guys this is the one we’ve been talking about, let’s go!’. But then something else came up and we forgot to do it. Damnit!”.
    Observers were shocked that the NRA had missed their opportunity to defend their country. “I can’t believe it,” one analyst said. “It’s almost as if they weren’t worried about the government at all. It’s as if they were actually just scared of black people”.

Posted from the Fascism thread:

Quote Originally Posted by centerdeac View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/21/us/ch...ing/index.html

On Monday in Chicago, 25 people were shot, and over the weekend, 63 were shot and at least 12 people were killed.
    As of July 19, the latest date for which Chicago crime data is available, murders are up 51% in 2020 compared to the same point in 2019, increasing from 275 to 414. Shooting incidents are up 47%, jumping from 1,110 at this point in 2019 to 1,637 so far this year.
    Gun violence has particularly increased in the past month. In the 28 days before July 19, there were 116 murders in Chicago, nearly triple during the same period in 2019, according to Chicago Police.

Chicago already got it. Hope this doesn't escalate to more violence.

Dear "gun loving 2nd amendment gotta arm ourselves in case a tyrannical government besets us" fuckwits...

How are travel plans to Portland, Chicago, etc...going? Do you need any help with directions?

The argument from the 2A crowd seems to be “we aren’t showing up because the liberals hate us.”

That's all it takes for them to abandon their duty to protect the constitution?

Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    Wait till trump says the quiet part out loud...

Two cops ambushed in Compton. The video is crazy. I think it's just the angle but it looks like a small child was the shooter.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-ambush-trump

That’s despicable.

Yep

Unless you provide medical records, we’re not going to believe you’ve suffered from losing a child in this school shooting.

F those guys.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

Yeah, that's centuries of the law, black letter. Plaintiff's must prove their damages.

I went to a week long trial advocacy conference and one of the topics was proving damages (which is irrelevant to my practice) and it was pretty tough to sit through.
    Hungry

Yep...

Makes sense to Republicans.

Them allegedly pro-life folks.

Lost a child...? Prove it costs you.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!