• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

You are not bright. You still haven't acknowledged that you did not understand the long term legal system of common law.

The rule has been around for centuries. You never explained how reversing the the rule would possibly work.

You are a prick. And you whine all the time.

I am 100% sure that 100 years ago, much less multiple centuries ago, it was not necessary to provide psychiatric medical records to prove emotional distress. That's the issue here, not just "proving damages". You are trying to elide the issue and then calling other posters pricks.

The rule no doubt varies by state, but I am also sure that many jurisdictions allow proof of emotional distress through personal or witness testimony. Maybe in Florida you're required to go see a psychiatrist and submit the records to prove ED.

All that said, I'm not sure the state is doing anything wrong here. The lawyers defending the state have the right to make the plaintiffs prove their damages, and psychiatric treatment records are certainly relevant to emotional distress damages. The optics suck, for sure.

but what if someone gets money that wasn't truly distressed, guys

Yeah. That would be the real crime. Someone whose kid died and they were distressed getting money anyway. That would be horrible.

but what if someone gets money that wasn't truly distressed, guys

In this case, sure, just give them the money. But on the whole, people claim emotional distress for all sorts of stuff all the time and having some sort of requirement for proof, is probably a good requirement.

Pretty Hawt tho

Seems like they're fleeing to Texa$.

I was just at my local gun shop and it seems there have been quite a few purchases. Lots of empty shelves.

This place boasts it has 10,000 guns in stock.

Back