• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

My tax dollars hard at work!

200w.gif

Just got a real-life call, not recording, from "Sarah, at the Department of Visa and MasterCard".

Like, do people really say to themselves, "hey, I have a visa!" and fall for scams like this?

Just got a real-life call, not recording, from "Sarah, at the Department of Visa and MasterCard".

Like, do people really say to themselves, "hey, I have a visa!" and fall for scams like this?

every fucking day. its incredible but they're very sophisticated and they only need to be successful with one or two people a day to hit paydirt.

just last week my wife got a call on one of those "i'm from the social security department and your SS number is compromised and we need to work it out right now" scams and she was genuinely freaked out.

I always hesitate with social security and IRS calls like that, even though I figure they're scams, because I just don't know enough about the government to know how they'd try to contact me. I should remember that with bureaucrats the answer is obviously the mail.

I got a robot call the other day about my compromised ssn. Best part was the robo voice kicking off the call with "Oh... NO! This... is the ssn... administration..."

The ruling starts with what looks like a sponsored endorsement of the AR-15.

Back