• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

When they ask for prayer concerns at church on Sunday, the preacher's gonna look at me pretty weird when I say BillBrasky.

Does it have to be said out loud for God to hear?

yeah, god can only detect things within the audible spectrum producible by homo sapiens

If you want to join the National Guard and attend regular mental and physical assessments, then I’m totally fine with you owning a weapon.

If you do not, why are you such a shitty American?

Yeah I was just responding that I think the National Guard is the modern equivalent of the militia.

I'm probably in the vast majority of people here, but I'd happily either (1) give up my gun under a system where other gun owners are doing the same and I feel confident that they will not be accessible to criminals or (2) commit to regular mental and physical assessments in order to keep one, as you've suggested.

I still think the answer is mandatory insurance for owning a gun and harsh penalties for those who willfully fail to maintain insurance. Allow the private sector to determine who is responsible enough to own a firearm.

I agree short of any reasonable government restrictions. Use the shittiness of insurance against guns.

I’d say the military, national guard, and police are the modern militias though.

I agree short of any reasonable government restrictions. Use the shittiness of insurance against guns.

I’d say the military, national guard, and police are the modern militias though.

If insurance companies have large sums of money at risk, they will figure out who is insurable. In other words, who is responsible enough to obtain a policy.

Republicans will attack this as class warfare and run ads filled with simple people who couldn't afford the premiums and lost their guns. The insurance lobby would probably love it though.

both of those posts make sense to me

I agree.

Yeah I was just responding that I think the National Guard is the modern equivalent of the militia.

I'm probably in the vast majority of people here, but I'd happily either (1) give up my gun under a system where other gun owners are doing the same and I feel confident that they will not be accessible to criminals or (2) commit to regular mental and physical assessments in order to keep one, as you've suggested.

I still think the answer is mandatory insurance for owning a gun and harsh penalties for those who willfully fail to maintain insurance. Allow the private sector to determine who is responsible enough to own a firearm.

Any step is a good step. This would be a start.

Ok, can we slash defense spending to their levels then?

Also they don’t have nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons render army man cosplayers obsolete.

Wait doesn't Russia have nuclear weapons?

Wait doesn't Russia have nuclear weapons?

It was in reference to high Ukrainian gun ownership helping it fend off Russians and how we to stay armed for that reason too.

I was pointing out that our nukes negate the need for individual gun ownership as a means of national defense. Ukraine gave up their nukes in the 90’s, if they still had them today this would not be happening.

Last edited:

MOAR GUNS!!!!!!!!!

MOAAAARRR GUNSSSS!!!

It was in reference to high Ukrainian gun ownership helping it fend off Russians and how we to stay armed for that reason too.

I was pointing out that our nukes negate the need for individual gun ownership as a means of national defense. Ukraine gave up their nukes in the 90’s, if they still had them today this would not be happening.

Can you explain what kind of situation would have a country invading the US and us needing regular joe's with shotguns to defend our great nation?

Back