• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Or add handguns to the list....how do you fight off an invading force of what I would expect to be a nuclear powered country with your little 9mm?

MOAAAARRR GUNSSSS!!!

Can you explain what kind of situation would have a country invading the US and us needing regular joe's with shotguns to defend our great nation?

That was my point dude, I was arguing against the need for individual gun ownership as a form on a national defense. It’s a ridiculous argument.

That was my point dude, I was arguing against the need for individual gun ownership as a form on a national defense. It’s a ridiculous argument.

My bad, I misunderstood your post.

And I don't know if this goes in this thread or the Fascism thread, so I'll post it in both....but

Again a Michigan police officer, on a routine traffic stop, chases another black man (a Congolese refugee) who gets in a fight, or tussle, and has him on the ground, not sure if the guy had a taser or what, but the cop shoots him in the back of the head, execution style.

WARNING: THIS VIDEO SHOWS A MAN GETTING SHOT IN THE HEAD...I am not embedding the tweet for that reason. IF you want to see the incident, here is a video.

https://twitter.com/AttorneyCrump/status/1514354299656192010?s=20&t=-CC-gCWsa8TIJq2nxdDJYg

Even if this man HAD a taser, and was fighting with the cop, in NO WAY does that warrant a bullet to the back of the head. A taser should not make an officer "fear for his life". This is disgusting. AGAIN!!!

It was in reference to high Ukrainian gun ownership helping it fend off Russians and how we to stay armed for that reason too.

I was pointing out that our nukes negate the need for individual gun ownership as a means of national defense. Ukraine gave up their nukes in the 90’s, if they still had them today this would not be happening.

Agreed 100%

My bad, I misunderstood your post.
And I don't know if this goes in this thread or the Fascism thread, so I'll post it in both....but
Again a Michigan police officer, on a routine traffic stop, chases another black man (a Congolese refugee) who gets in a fight, or tussle, and has him on the ground, not sure if the guy had a taser or what, but the cop shoots him in the back of the head, execution style.
WARNING: THIS VIDEO SHOWS A MAN GETTING SHOT IN THE HEAD...I am not embedding the tweet for that reason. IF you want to see the incident, here is a video.
https://twitter.com/AttorneyCrump/status/1514354299656192010?s=20&t=-CC-gCWsa8TIJq2nxdDJYg

Even if this man HAD a taser, and was fighting with the cop, in NO WAY does that warrant a bullet to the back of the head. A taser should not make an officer "fear for his life". This is disgusting. AGAIN!!!

I've avoided posting on this thread because I again seem stuck in the middle. Targeting any individual and hostile, over reactions by law enforcement is wrong on any level. And that it occurs often enough is a huge red flag that law enforcement needs to be trained better to deal with emotional and unstable citizenry is as obvious as the nose on my face. On the other side, law enforcement is as dangerous occupation as it gets.
I am not aware of all the circumstances that occurred here. Didn't nor want to watch the video. Why did this guy resist? Why did law enforcement see the need to even pull a taser? With that said, if I am in a struggle with anyone on the ground in a hostile situation, and have a holstered gun on my waist, I'd be awfully concerned the guy could pull that weapon on me. Just saying.

The cop had the car. What was gained by chasing?

Law enforcement is not one of the top twenty most dangerous jobs.

Why was he wrestling with a guy on the ground? Why create a dangerous situation or make one worse? Someone wants to run? Arrest them at their home or work later rather than shoot them as they run away. Why chase and create a worse situation that risks the lives of police, suspect, and bystanders?

I've avoided posting on this thread because I again seem stuck in the middle. Targeting any individual and hostile, over reactions by law enforcement is wrong on any level. And that it occurs often enough is a huge red flag that law enforcement needs to be trained better to deal with emotional and unstable citizenry is as obvious as the nose on my face. On the other side, law enforcement is as dangerous occupation as it gets.
I am not aware of all the circumstances that occurred here. Didn't nor want to watch the video. Why did this guy resist? Why did law enforcement see the need to even pull a taser? With that said, if I am in a struggle with anyone on the ground in a hostile situation, and have a holstered gun on my waist, I'd be awfully concerned the guy could pull that weapon on me. Just saying.

There is no reason the cop needs to get in a fight with the guy in the first place. It started as a "routine traffic stop"... who gives a fuck if the perpetrator runs away on foot from a ticket for failing to come to the a full and complete stop at a stop sign?

Cops need to dispense with the “must subdue at any cost” mentality…except for really rare circumstances when it might be justified.

A busted taillight or mismatched plate isn’t one of these.

I wonder if making how to safely do a traffic stop a required part of driver’s ed would help at least some. Granted that’s not going to eliminate the problem because some cops are just bad and resort to excessive force way too easily. But knowing some basic safety rules to follow when you get pulled over could save a few lives.

If there isn't imminent danger to others, I'm not a huge fan of pursuing suspects when doing so put other people in danger.

Especially when you have identified the person.

It always seem to be cops instigating a situation, pro-cop people coming up with all kinds of weird hypotheticals to justify the situation, and a systematic failure to do the basic things that would reduce the likelihood of such situations.

How many times have we seen body cam footage of someone actually grabbing a cop’s gun? I don’t remember seeing it. But it’s a constant fear that justifies killing people. Ok, so give cops biometric holsters or guns with biometric triggers. Don’t touch or chase people who haven’t been accused of or witnessed committing a serious crime. Get rid of “routine traffic stops” all together. What good to they really do besides generate funds for bloated police budgets by hassling citizens?

It always seem to be cops instigating a situation, pro-cop people coming up with all kinds of weird hypotheticals to justify the situation, and a systematic failure to do the basic things that would reduce the likelihood of such situations.

How many times have we seen body cam footage of someone actually grabbing a cop’s gun? I don’t remember seeing it. But it’s a constant fear that justifies killing people. Ok, so give cops biometric holsters or guns with biometric triggers. Don’t touch or chase people who haven’t been accused of or witnessed committing a serious crime. Get rid of “routine traffic stops” all together. What good to they really do besides generate funds for bloated police budgets by hassling citizens?

Is biometric triggers on guns a thing? Seems like a good idea.

biometric triggers are a prototype-level technology and wildly unpopular in the gun nut realm

Wait; haven't there been times where individuals grab a taser? It would seem to me if someone is willing to grab a taser, they won't be reluctant to grab a gun.
With that said I totally agree that chasing someone for a minor, non-violent situation when they could be apprehend later, should be eliminated.

Last edited:
Back