Page 3 of 338 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

OGBoards Chaplain
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOnDemOn View Post
    How does it work? How do laws work if the enforcers of the laws can't use deadly force? Educate me, Rev. This is a very important point. If we can do this, we don't need guns.
    I'm a priest, not a cop. You'd have to get details from them. I've had several conversions with cops and I know they can't use their guns in the way you suggest. Every time they discharge their weapon there is an investigation. It's a safety thing so we don't have trigger happy vigilante cops. They also want to ensure the punishment fits the crime. You don't get shot in the back because you ran from the police.

sent via Tapatalk on Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by RevDeac06 View Post
    I'm a priest, not a cop. You'd have to get details from them. I've had several conversions with cops and I know they can't use their guns in the way you suggest. Every time they discharge their weapon there is an investigation. It's a safety thing so we don't have trigger happy vigilante cops. They also want to ensure the punishment fits the crime. You don't get shot in the back because you ran from the police.

So Johnny Sprinterperson can rape a girl, and when the police come, Johnny can run away and that's the end of it, then?

OGBoards Chaplain
    So Johnny Sprinterperson can rape a girl, and when the police come, Johnny can run away and that's the end of it, then?
    I'm not debating what they should do, just noting that the police have clear rules of engagement, so they aren't allowed to act in the ways you suggest. Whether they should or not is another question.

It is not simply the threat of a gun that makes most people listen to the police.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Rev, I know you normally have peace and love in your heart. Don't let DODO put anger and frustration in there with them.

OGBoards Chaplain
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Rev, I know you normally have peace and love in your heart. Don't let DODO put anger and frustration in there with them.
    Good advice

Good advice

So do we still need guns or can we rely on the peace and love in RJKarl's heart?

Never Murdered My FIL
    You all realize that there are ways to catch perps after they initially flee, right?I'm glad local LEOs do.

So do we still need guns or can we rely on the peace and love in RJKarl's heart?
    You don't.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    I wonder what percentage of those who bought the spammed penile enlargement products have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    You all realize that there are ways to catch perps after they initially flee, right?I'm glad local LEOs do.
    With the love and peace that is in the LEO's heart or with a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    I wonder what percentage of those who bought the spammed penile enlargement products have guns.
    I wonder how many of them draw SoshCurety.

Never Murdered My FIL
    With the love and peace that is in the LEO's heart or with a gun?
    With investigative police work. Usually criminals are pretty dumb and they get caught.

Broderick Hicks
    Yes. Should Police be armed only with tasers and pepper sprays?
    Of course not.

Please post details about when you were tased and/or pepper sprayed. I'd like to know you are telling me the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by KickballDeac View Post
    Of course not.

Please post details about when you were tased and/or pepper sprayed. I'd like to know you are telling me the truth.
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    With investigative police work. Usually criminals are pretty dumb and they get caught.
    Does the Barney that brings them in need a gun or just wileyness?

Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    It is not simply the threat of a gun that makes most people listen to the police.
    99% of a cop's authority comes with how he handles himself. The taser and gun are for when the authority goes away and lives are at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by KickballDeac View Post
    Of course not.

Just curious, what would you like to know? I haven't had either done, but I know quite a few who have.

Each agency has policy and procedure that details how and when deadly force can be used.

The vast majority of cops take their jobs and firearms very seriously.
    Last edited by bym051d; 12-29-2012 at 12:40 PM.

I haven't even read any of this thread, but it doesn't seem pertinent or important.

Let's start a thread to keep track of all of the injuries from drunk driving or drug overdoses while we're at it...

we used to tase each other all the time at drunk HS parties. great fun.

never seen someone get shot with the police version though. I'd imagine it's the antithesis of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDivingDeacon View Post
    I haven't even read any of this thread, but it doesn't seem pertinent or important.

Let's start a thread to keep track of all of the injuries from drunk driving or drug overdoses while we're at it...
    Sure, if our injuries from drunk driving or drug overdoses are way, way out of whack with the numbers from other industrialized countries and indicate a deeper societal problem.