• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

This is what happens when reasonable people stop voting for their party. They have to court extreme voters then foster extremism to build their ranks.

Last edited:
This is what happens when reasonable people stop voting for their party. They have to court extreme voters then foster extremism to build their ranks.

Maybe, but it seems like there are a lot less reasonable people these days. Increased extremist is generally a symptom of a failed state, not a cause.

Last edited:
Maybe, but it seems like there are a lot less reasonable people these days. Increased extremist is generally a symptom of a failed state, not a cause.

Both feed on each other. It’s a cycle. Conservative policies (perpetrated by both parties) have led to a failed state. They’re embracing extremism to court people who disapprove of those policies on their face but seek validation of their white grievance and blame the problems on others.

Both feed on each other. It’s a cycle. Conservative policies (perpetrated by both parties) have led to a failed state. They’re embracing extremism to court people who disapprove of those policies on their face but seek validation of their white grievance and blame the problems on others.

Right, but that also because there’s no real opposition on the left. Establishment Democrats work far harder to suppress progressive voices than white supremacy. It’s all about staying in power and enriching themselves and their backers.

It feels pretty hopeless right now if you want society to actually change. Extremism feels off that hopelessness. Our only hope is a massive clear out of the establishment or this is just going to get worse. Our current government is beyond saving.

I don’t think most establishment Dems are just trying to enrich themselves anymore than anyone else in capitalism. The big problem is they see no solutions beyond appealing to whiteness.

I don’t think most establishment Dems are just trying to enrich themselves anymore than anyone else in capitalism. The big problem is they see no solutions beyond appealing to whiteness.

The solutions they see are how to stay in power and not upset the oligarchy that they work for. The Roe leak was gold to Pelosi and Schumer. They get to spend the next year campaigning on abortion and won’t even have to pretend to give a fuck about making life better for the lower classes outside of one wedge issue.

Economic injustice and exploitation is the root of most of our problems, and 85-90% of our government has a vested interest in not correcting it.

Things are not going to get better with these people in charge. I’ve been saying this for half a decade, it’s only going to get worse. That’s why I’m focusing on myself and my family, the antagonists far out number the protagonists. It’s 400 AD in Rome, the future is bleak.

Last edited:
The big problem is the internet

LOL. I’m pretty sure the big problem, in regards to the topic of this thread, is the massive number of guns in the US because of really weak gun laws.

LOL. I’m pretty sure the big problem, in regards to the topic of this thread, is the massive number of guns in the US because of really weak gun laws.

there's always been guns, but there hasn't been this invention enabling people to be so quickly radicalized before. I'm not even conservative and I click one one lowly facebook link and it becomes an endless string of wake up america gas prices used to be .50 cents propaganda.

there's always been guns, but there hasn't been this invention enabling people to be so quickly radicalized before. I'm not even conservative and I click one one lowly facebook link and it becomes an endless string of wake up america gas prices used to be .50 cents propaganda.

Not at this level. The number of guns per capita in the US has doubled since 1970, and this has occurred as the number of US hunters has drastically decreased. In addition, the assault weapons ban expired in 2004, so large capacity guns have been legal since then.

Every country has access to the internet. Every country has people with mental health issues. But only the US has a massive number of guns per capita. This issue is not complicated.

Time to move on from Buffalo. This time for a church shooting:

Not at this level. The number of guns per capita in the US has doubled since 1970, and this has occurred as the number of US hunters has drastically decreased. In addition, the assault weapons ban expired in 2004, so large capacity guns have been legal since then.

Every country has access to the internet. Every country has people with mental health issues. But only the US has a massive number of guns per capita. This issue is not complicated.

It’s not just guns that the US has. We also have a failed civil society with no infrastructure or support and a system of capitalism that leaves people hopeless for their future and open to radicalization

Good stuff.

It’s not just guns that the US has. We also have a failed civil society with no infrastructure or support and a system of capitalism that leaves people hopeless for their future and open to radicalization

Good stuff.

In regards to gun violence, it’s really simple. We are off the charts in terms of guns per capita and mass shootings compared to all other countries. We are also at the top in firearm deaths and suicides. If you want even more proof, look at a state by state basis - the states with the most guns have the most gun deaths. The association between weak gun laws, number of guns, and gun deaths could not be tighter.

I disagree that it’s simple.

Sure, lots of guns easily available is a huge part of the problem.

Yes, a failing civil society and the Internet are significant contributors (among others).

Good stuff.

In regards to gun violence, it’s really simple. We are off the charts in terms of guns per capita and mass shootings compared to all other countries. We are also at the top in firearm deaths and suicides. If you want even more proof, look at a state by state basis - the states with the most guns have the most gun deaths. The association between weak gun laws, number of guns, and gun deaths could not be tighter.

giphy.gif

Don’t forget Heller. We didn’t have an individual right to bear and stockpile arms in pretty much any circumstance until Heller.

Back