• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Thoughts & prayers to all impacted

Guys name is Salvador Romas? Pretty sure somethings gonna change

Sure, palma. You blaming the internet for this one?

For the love of god, much stricter gun control is desperately needed in this country.

Like many on here I have an elementary school age child...and I am sick to my stomach right now.

I think you missed plama's point.

I didn't. I was referring to his post from a few days ago, in which he blamed shootings (the Buffalo one, in that example) on "the internet." As opposed to, you know, the massive amount of guns in the US. I just responded to that post because it was current. But I should have made that more clear (or gone back and found the old post).

Sure, palma. You blaming the internet for this one?

For the love of god, much stricter gun control is desperately needed in this country.

I’m guessing the dude did in fact spend some time on the internet.

Your point on the link between guns and gun related deaths is a good one, but the guns aren’t going away. The internet as it operates today surely can go away, however.

My right to own automatic weapons supercedes the right of children to go to school safely and not have to worry about mass shootings. Amen.

Thanks, Republicans - you fucking assholes.

I dont disagree at all but I'm also tired of Democrats wringing their hands while in power. Hold a very publicized and public vote this week banning high capacity magazines, assault style rifles and the dozens of other common sense laws that non gun-nuts can agree on. Make senators vote on each on on the record. Hold that vote over their head in the next election and see if parents want to get behind the man/woman who's ok with continuing these killings. But until they do, they're just as much to blame for nothing happening.

Texas Republicans are already out there claiming the answer is more guns.

I’m guessing the dude did in fact spend some time on the internet.

Your point on the link between guns and gun related deaths is a good one, but the guns aren’t going away. The internet as it operates today surely can go away, however.

Again, the entire world has the internet. No other country has these mass shootings. The question of “why” couldn’t be more straight forward - the US is flooded in guns.

You think guns can’t go away (even though we’re a complete outlier compared to all other countries), but somehow the internet can go away? That just doesn’t make sense.

Thoughts & prayers to all impacted

In case this wasn’t clear (apparently wasn’t), this was sarcasm. Guess I’ve been away from the Tunnels for too long, I’ll return to my place in the Premier League thread.

Texas Republicans are already out there claiming the answer is more guns.

Gun manufacturers and dealers are going to make a lot of money in the next couple weeks, so I wouldn’t say nothing will happen in response to this.

You think guns can’t go away (even though we’re a complete outlier compared to all other countries), but somehow the internet can go away? That just doesn’t make sense.

If I had a goal of actually wanting the guns to go away in this country, first I’d be going after the internet and Fox News. Need them to go away before you can move on guns.

One thing I wish would change about reporting of these mass shootings is that the history of the weapon should receive much more attention.

Back