• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Last year Texas decreased the age to buy a gun from 21 to 18. The shooter today was 18. At the same time they also got rid of the requirement for a permit or training to carry a handgun.

Even though the NRA convention is this weekend looks like the NRA social media team will get the holiday weekend off after all. Memorial Day, indeed.

Last year Texas decreased the age to buy a gun from 21 to 18. The shooter today was 18. At the same time they also got rid of the requirement for a permit or training to carry a handgun.

I guess they’ll lower it to 5 now.

MOAR GUNS!!!!!!!!!

MOAAAARRR GUNSSSS!!!

It really is sad how often I am able to quote that depressing post.

Imagine hearing this news and thinking the situations would have been better if more people had guns. It’s absolutely insane.

2 killed and at least a dozen injured during elementary school shooting in TX.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/24/1101037902/texas-elementary-school-shooting-uvalde

The Onion headline should just be the front page every damn day - ‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

*sigh*

MOOOOOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR GUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so goddamn fucking sick of this stuff. Fuck you gun owners and all the bullshit that comes along with it. Fuck your "right". Your "right" does not supersede the RIGHT for these people to live. It's just enough.

It is time to pass EXTREME GUN CONTROL laws....fuck the "common sense" bullshit. More guns = More tragedies like this.

I don't care how many guns you give to the "good guys", there will always be some psycho gun nut that gets assault rifles for his 18th birthday and uses alt-right or extremist viewpoints to justify mass murdering of innocent people.

They'll GUN DOWN innocent people at a protest after coming from hours away in a racially-motivated premeditated shooting...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent church attendees trying to revitalize themselves spiritually and praise their deities...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent college students trying to obtain a higher education to better their lives...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent shoppers at a supermarket after traveling hours to get there in a racially-motivated shooting...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent workers and people obtaining permits in a municipal building...

They'll GUN DOWN members of their OWN FAMILY on Easter...

They'll GUN DOWN members of their OWN FAMILY as they meticulously travel county by county...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent people trying to see the latest blockbuster at a local movie theater on a Summer Friday Night...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent High School students as they go about their day trying to get their degree and go on to become the persons they were meant to be...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent people trying to have a good night out at the club....

They'll GUN DOWN innocent people trying to have lunch at a cafeteria...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent shoppers at a WalMart, trying to get various items to help them live their lives...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent people trying to grab a burger at McDonald's restaurant...

They'll GUN DOWN coworkers at a post office...

They'll GUN DOWN fellow military personnel on a military base on American soil...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent concertgoers from a hotel room high above...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent people at a training event and Christmas party banquet...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent people on a Navy Yard military base...

They'll GUN DOWN innocent worshipers at a synagogue in Pittsburgh...

and They'll fucking GUN DOWN innocent little elementary school children. Children whose lives haven't even begun. Children who were mere DAYS away from Summer Vacation...Children who knew nothing of gun violence or the serious problem this country has with it. Children who DO NOT REALIZE that some of the people they love the most would rather keep their assault rifles, handguns, bump stocks, extended magazines and deadlier bullets than have them live the rest of their lives.

.....and NO ONE will do ANYTHING to make a change.

It makes my heart ACHE how bad these families must feel...and how ineffective gun control efforts are. It's just all so pointless.

A man not even old enough to drink, was able to purchase assault weapons on his birthday and MURDER innocent children who will never know the joy of life...the joy of love....the joy of so many things involved in life...or the joy in having their own kids someday (if they were to choose to do so, don't get into that convo here).

It's just pathetic. YOU GUN OWNERS are pathetic. The fact that you cannot give up your precious devices built solely for death and killing. Nothing. You can't bear to imagine life without them, yet you can live your life without these 18 elementary school students...or the 27 in Sandy Hook....or the 32 at Virginia Tech...or the 60 in Las Vegas....or the 49 in Orlando...or the 17 in Parkland FL...or the 13 in Columbine...or the....or the.....or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the...or the.............

And this clinging to guns is coming mostly from the same people who are against abortion because it is "murdering babies"...

Look me in the eyes and tell me that fetus has more of a right to live than these 5-9yr olds do...

Ignorance. Pure ignorance.

Just fuck you...I can't do this anymore.

FUCK THE SECOND AMENDMENT...

FUCK...YOUR...GUNS!!!

Unfortunately, The entire argument against implementing gun control is pretty much playing out in China at the moment during their zero COVID lockdowns.

I see it’s now 18 dead kids.

The actions an individual can take to decrease gun violence include voting for politicians that support gun control and donating to Sandy Hook Promise (or other gun control organizations). It’s not much, but it’s something. If there’s anything else you all know of, please post it.

If this news is true, the conservative argument that having more people at schools with guns would deter school shootings is shown to be the sham it always was. It also raises the question of why, if the police were already present, the gunman was still able to get into the school and walk around shooting people. I mean, what were the cops doing while the guy was in the school shooting kids?

My heart is just broken tonight. I have no idea what the answer is but 18 kids who never had a chance at living, growing.
Something needs to be done.

It’s hard not to address these shootings right after they happen because there’s very little downtime in between them.

@TheDemocraticParty

You have complete control of government you fucking cowards

This on the Democrats just as much as the GOP

Do something or do us all a favor and blow your fucking brains out. Our kids are far better than you.

Yeah I consistently pray and I consistently vote straight ticket Democrat and both have proven to be equally effective in preventing mass shootings.

The first Democrat who says “but the filibuster” deserves a bullet to his or her fucking head. It’s not more simple than that. Then we’ll see how much they prefer “procedure” over human life.

The only way things change is if it impacts our governmental leaders. Let’s publish a list of where all their kids and grandkids go to school and the closest place to that school to legally buy a weapon. You have to make it real for them. They do not care.

Last edited:
A demographic search of uvalde indicates it’s a 92% white community with a Latino shooter. We’ll have a closed border by next week

Back