• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

My heart is just broken tonight. I have no idea what the answer is but 18 kids who never had a chance at living, growing. Something needs to be done.

A demographic search of uvalde indicates it’s a 92% white community with a Latino shooter. We’ll have a closed border by next week

Honestly brown people killing white kids might be the only way we get gun control. We clearly don’t care when white people kill kids.

My heart is just broken tonight. I have no idea what the answer is but 18 kids who never had a chance at living, growing. Something needs to be done.

Greatest country on Earth, right Pops?

This is America, fucking accept it.

A demographic search of uvalde indicates it’s a 92% white community with a Latino shooter. We’ll have a closed border by next week

The first Democrat who says “but the filibuster” deserves a bullet to his or her fucking head. It’s not more simple than that. Then we’ll see how much they prefer “procedure” over human life.

The only way things change is if it impacts our governmental leaders. Let’s publish a list of where all their kids and grandkids go to school and the closest place to that school to legally buy a weapon. You have to make it real for them. They do not care.

You’ll never guess who the first one is

You’ll never guess who the first one is

I genuinely pray for his death tonight to every god in the universe. I will toast the day he dives and drive to West Virginia to take a dump on his grave after it happens.

Check the chart. It’s a race chart. 92% White and doesn’t say anything about Latinos because percent Hispanic is reported separately as ethnicity. Uvalde is a predominantly Latino town near the border. 78% White Hispanic and 14% White non- Hispanic.

But its cool fellow Dems nothing we can do about Manchin, nothing at all. Guess we’ll keep twiddling our thumbs and adding to the kids body counts as we bring in more sweet lobbyist cash.

Manchin wants 10 people without common sense to agree to common sense gun reform.

I blame Manchin. But I also blame the tens of millions of Republican voters who vote to keep books out of schools but not guns out of the hands of shooters.

"England is a cup of tea.
France, a wheel of ripened brie.
Greece, a short, squat olive tree.
America is a gun.

Brazil is football on the sand.
Argentina, Maradona’s hand.
Germany, an oompah band.
America is a gun.

Holland is a wooden shoe.
Hungary, a goulash stew.
Australia, a kangaroo.
America is a gun.

Japan is a thermal spring.
Scotland is a highland fling.
Oh, better to be anything
than America as a gun."

--Brian Bilston

If you vote for a Republican, you’re saying this kind of event is permissible.

Manchin wants 10 people without common sense to agree to common sense gun reform.

I blame Manchin. But I also blame the tens of millions of Republican voters who vote to keep books out of schools but not guns out of the hands of shooters.

Blame the Democratic Party that could absolutely bring Manchin to heel, but won’t because he’s too valuable to them. They don’t to have to cast a vote on anything and their donors love it.

18 dead kids is a small price to pay for that political cover.

Check the chart. It’s a race chart. 92% White and doesn’t say anything about Latinos because percent Hispanic is reported separately as ethnicity. Uvalde is a predominantly Latino town near the border. 78% White Hispanic and 14% White non- Hispanic.

Got it. I knew something was off. Had no idea Hispanics were part of white race

Blame the Democratic Party that could absolutely bring Manchin to heel, but won’t because he’s too valuable to them. They don’t to have to cast a vote on anything and their donors love it.

18 dead kids is a small price to pay for that political cover.

RagedrunkBrasky is Josh Lyman and just itching to get Tom Skerritt to do a party switch

My heart is just broken tonight. I have no idea what the answer is but 18 kids who never had a chance at living, growing.
Something needs to be done.

“There’s no way to prevent this” says the only nation on earth where this happens.

Which Ken Paxton thing are people referring to? I get the hate in general, but this response seems pretty standard thoughts-and-prayers-y.

RagedrunkBrasky is Josh Lyman and just itching to get Tom Skerritt to do a party switch

There's really no point to the Senate anyways right now, who fucking cares. Make him own the fucking devil he is.

Honestly if you're Biden why don't you do that? What do you have to lose? Your presidency is in the shitter and you'll look even weaker when you continue to do nothing after this. Go all in on this fucking douche bag, it could actually save your presidency.

Back