• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

There's really no point to the Senate anyways right now, who fucking cares. Make him own the fucking devil he is.

Honestly if you're Biden why don't you do that? What do you have to lose? Your presidency is in the shitter and you'll look even weaker when you continue to do nothing after this. Go all in on this fucking douche bag, it could actually save your presidency.

I seem to recall some recent vote that passsd by 1

You’ll never guess who the first one is

So he'll "do anything he can" for gun control legislation except the one thing that might actually make a difference in getting such legislation passed. How convenient.

So I guess the Paxton thing is about him wanting to arm teachers. I wonder what the Venn diagram overlap looks like between "teachers should be armed" people and "teachers are grooming my kids if they admit they're gay" people?

Where you seeing this

Oh damn
823cd8a14c5f1d5d6aade66f8078c65a.jpg

Fucking crazy that before I even post about this I wonder “only 3 people shot, is this newsworthy on the tunnels”

More America for you. We're the greatest.

Keep in mind Abbott said he didn’t want the state to pay to educate immigrant children anyway.

In other teen killer news…

A Mississippi teen was fatally shot over the weekend during an alleged prank involving water guns that appeared real.

Authorities in Jackson, Miss., said three teens on Saturday drove up to a friend’s house on Village Drive, wearing ski masks and toting water guns that resembled assault rifles, according to ABC affiliate WAPT.

Police told the news station that one of the teens, identified by authorities as 15-year-old Christopher Patton, pointed his toy gun at his friend, 16-year-old Joshua Davis — and then Davis shot back with a real gun. Patton was struck in the chest and died, police said.

Deputy Chief Deric Hearn told NBC affiliate WLBT that no one was taken into custody. At this time, he said, police are investigating the case as a justifiable homicide, in which the person is absolved from any criminal liability.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/05/24/teenage-prank-fatal-shooting/

Democratic Party leadership has a weird unshakable faith in the Republican Party to be reasonable, thoughtful people. The GOP strategy is to normalize fear and disarray so that we don't think anything can be done. Which is why we can't have faith in the American people to demand more of Republican politicians. Shitbag Republicans will keep voting for Republicans who don't want to do anything about gun violence.

Democratic Party leadership has a weird unshakable faith in the Republican Party to be reasonable, thoughtful people. The GOP strategy is to normalize fear and disarray so that we don't think anything can be done. Which is why we can't have faith in the American people to demand more of Republican politicians. Shitbag Republicans will keep voting for Republicans who don't want to do anything about gun violence.

The Dem Party leadership just loves money

Sandy Hook could literally happen tomorrow again and Republicans still wouldn’t want to budge on anything. They’d just continue to scold about people wanting to politicize a tragedy.

Back