• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Brasky, maybe you should go on Facebook or Twitter and engage with the shitbags who are posting pro-gun memes and saying schools just need more armed guards and to arm teachers. We're not your enemy. We're just convenient.

Well one thing that I’ve learned for certain today, if I do ever decide to quit teaching and make some real money I’m never telling any of you people about it.

Brasky, maybe you should go on Facebook or Twitter and engage with the shitbags who are posting pro-gun memes and saying schools just need more armed guards and to arm teachers. We're not your enemy. We're just convenient.

You are my enemy, anyone who accepts the status quo is. We are not on the same side.

Last edited:
Well one thing that I’ve learned for certain today, if I do ever decide to quit teaching and make some real money I’m never telling any of you people about it.

They don’t like it when their plebes speak up. At best you’re just a human shield for their children.

This society doesn’t deserve you.

oh we'll know when you stop talking about having to run concessions at football games and waxing the floor in the gym

Hahaha this is perfect especially because I’m refinishing our auxiliary gym floor next week!

Well, unless I get murdered on the job or something.

Hahaha this is perfect especially because I’m refinishing our auxiliary gym floor next week!

Well, unless I get murdered on the job or something.

T&Ps in that scenario obviously, but the world goes so what can anyone do?

We’ll give a few bucks to Nancy and Chuck in your honor.

Leave it to shitbag Federalist society to see "school shooting" in the news and be offended by the "school" part existing.

There is no way Republicans want to arm the current teachers that they've spent the last year calling groomers and CRT enthusiasts. What they want is to replace teachers with "armed professionals"-either cops or army vets, and screw any actual teaching. They already used cops as scabs during a teachers strike and people were generally OK with it, so why not make it permanent.

No I think ph had it right. You know who the real enemy is, but they’re not here.

I’m still not exactly sure what Gaslighting is, but this feels like it.

I know exactly who my enemies are. And it’s most of this country.

It is crazy to me how easily kids adjust to the monthly lockdown drills where admin and the Sro come through and kick our doors while we all huddle in the corner. Sometimes they send a student down the hallway to beg to let them in our classroom to make sure we follow protocol. Last drill they pulled the fire alarm during the lockdown to gauge our reaction.

I’d like to be able to open the blinds to my windows again at some point in my teaching career.

Asked if he believes there should be new gun laws in the wake of the Texas shooting, Georgia Senate GOP nominee Herschel Walker told me in ATL: “What I like to do is see it and everything and stuff.” He didn’t engage further.

Never thought I'd see Brasky go full RJ and try to make a thread concerning school shootings about himself.

I think it was about the 15th “what can we do there’s a filibuster” post by someone who claims to care that broke me.

Have you ever been in an community lockdown situation with kids? Because I’ve been in three.

On a personal note I did eat probably about 4k in gun loss last night after my wife and I sat down and decided we no longer felt that projecting the idea of responsible gun ownership was healthy for our kids and it’s better to deal with the loss of an animal or 5 than have our kids grow up in a household that owns guns. So today I’ve been practicing advanced shovel defense techniques.

On a personal note I did eat probably about 4k in gun loss last night after my wife and I sat down and decided we no longer felt that projecting the idea of responsible gun ownership was healthy for our kids and it’s better to deal with the loss of an animal or 5 than have our kids grow up in a household that owns guns. So today I’ve been practicing advanced shovel defense techniques.

Good on you man.

Also makes a strong case for growing your own food so you don't have to go to the grocery store.

Back