• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Probably the first time you, I, and Obama have agreed on anything. I like to shoot guns, I own guns, but what fucking moron is against comprehensive background checks for guns? Our federal government continues to prove that it is nothing more than a joke.

arms-military-vs-civilians.jpg

slippery slope man. just one short step from watered down background checks to gun confiscation by a tyrannical dictatorship. I know because Wayne LaPierre told me.

Tell Wayne to go stick his head in a toilet. There will be guns around until the end of time either legally or illegally which is ironically as it is now.

Wayne LaPierre also told us that there is no problem with instant mandatory background checks for all purchases at gun shows in 1999.

Wayne LaPierre also told us that there is no problem with instant mandatory background checks for all purchases at gun shows in 1999.

I wonder how much money the NRA is getting from the gun industry today as compared to 1999.

Not sure if this belongs in gun control or bombing thread, but I'll drop this here:

https://twitter.com/NateBell4AR/status/325238796079747072

Arkansas rep says

Nate Bell
‏@NateBell4AR
I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A

He found out in his responses that the answer is "none".

He just sent this out:

Nate Bell ‏@NateBell4AR 23m
I would like to apologize to the people of Boston & Massachusetts for the poor timing of my tweet earlier this... http://fb.me/21tgLuP0j

So yeah, it's all good now Nate, you betcha.

What kind of guns/firepower did the Chechyn bros have when they were shooting it out with the police last night?

SO then you disagree with the National Association of Manufacturer's stance on the Protection of Lawful Commerce Act, and that all manufacturers should be held responsible for criminal misuse of a legal product by a third party?

It's not that simple and you know it. My bad, you don't know it because you were told it wasn't so.

The steady decline in violent crime has been a trend for longer than the recent spike in gun sales. To even put them into the same paragraph is an intentional effort to make it causal.

It's like saying, "Joe many not be a pedophile, but he sure likes kids." What do you think people will think about Joe?

Your simplistic methodology may work on gun extremists like you, but won't work here.

It would hurt him in the primaries where mostly wackos vote but will help him if he gets the nomination.

It would hurt him in the primaries where mostly wackos vote but will help him if he gets the nomination.

If by wackos you mean Democrats voting in Republican primaries I totally agree... :D

Nope. I meant the people who gave Rick Sontorum and Herman Cain votes.

Back