• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

He's arguing for the status quo.

He's saying if you can't stop all crime there's no reason to create legitimate laws that will stop some.

He's saying the the gun industry doesn't have special status regarding liability. Of course everyone but the gun industry says he's wrong.

He's saying a gun registry will lead to confiscation.

He's saying that in spite the indisputable evidence from the sites that stopping to reload saved lives in Tuscon, Newtown and in other mass shootings that we shouldn't limit magazines and that magazines are covered by the 2nd Amendment (that's really bizarre).

My guess is most of the board is on my side.

Wow, quit you day job as a psychic...

Let me rephrase, she even said her bill could not have prevented anything...

Aspects of her bill would have definitely saved lives at many shootings. We know for a fact children were saved in Newtown and people were save d in Tuscon when the shooters stopped to reload.

Had there been no expanded magazines more lives would have been saved.

A national registry is against the law due to the Brady Law, which was a compromise which led to instant background checks.

I have stated that if a ban on private sales is the goal, background checks should be easy. Is there a problem with what Coburn suggested?

Where do you get 31000 if you do not include suicides?

I was counting suicides. I realizes these people have killed themselves by other means of course.

And I understand the actual reason WHY there is a law against a national registry, my point was I have no idea why it wouldn't be a normal and acceptable idea to have.

Aspects of her bill would have definitely saved lives at many shootings. We know for a fact children were saved in Newtown and people were save d in Tuscon when the shooters stopped to reload.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought I read that the police reported that the loon at Newtown changed magazines even when he did not need to?

On Morning Joe, Scarborough really laid the lumber to those that voted against this bill both Pubs & Dems calling them cowards. Its a bill 90% on Americans want and 88% Pubs want yet these cowardly bastards that are held hostage by lobbyists can't sack up and get something passed. I hope and pray every one of these fuckers are primaried the next time they come up for reelection. All those Dems from normally red states (Baucus, Begich, Pryor, Landrieu, etc.) can expect Obama to pour tons of dough into primaries against them because of this vote. The same should be said for the chicken shit Pubs that voted it down as well.

I could care less if the Dems lose their majority in the Senate over this because they like the Pubs are sent there to do a job, not warm a seat for 2-3 terms. All these clowns need to go.

Have you looked at gun and ammo sales lately? Dems are gonna eat dick on the issue in 2014.

----------
Tapatalk.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought I read that the police reported that the loon at Newtown changed magazines even when he did not need to?

I know this is true in AZ but I had never heard this about CT.

I thought every child in the classroom was killed and then he took his own life. It takes less than five seconds to change a magazine which is significant in a crowd where people can tackle the gunman but I don't think that was the CSS in Newtown.

It saved lives in AZ to be sure.

It doesn't matter to you that the guy in Tuscon was stopped while changing magazines.

You are so brainwashed by gun-toting masters that it doesn't matter.

Classic RJ.

Get called out on one set of facts shift to another and insult the person.

I read and saw on CNN that kids escaped and were protected during his changing magazines. Every kid in each room was not killed. Some did escape.

BTW the facts about Tuscon are not in dispute. Your point is BS there.

You said this:

"Get called out on one set of facts shift to another and insult the person."

I didn't shift anything. I mentioned Tuscon prominently and elkman has gone as far as saying laws against magazines were unconstitutional.

I know this is true in AZ but I had never heard this about CT.

I thought every child in the classroom was killed and then he took his own life. It takes less than five seconds to change a magazine which is significant in a crowd where people can tackle the gunman but I don't think that was the CSS in Newtown.

It saved lives in AZ to be sure.

You said this:

"Get called out on one set of facts shift to another and insult the person."

I didn't shift anything. I mentioned Tuscon prominently and elkman has gone as far as saying laws against magazines were unconstitutional.

This is what I said.

And he was talking about the CT shooting, you brought up AZ and then insulted him. That way he will have to defend himself and the fact that you've changed the argument doesn't get brought. It's a classic RJ move and is actually quite impressive.

Have you ever considered politics?

I've got more skeletons in my closet than Roger Korman's prop manager.

Have you looked at gun and ammo sales lately? Dems are gonna eat dick on the issue in 2014.

----------
Tapatalk.

You need to catch up on your right wing paranoia propaganda. The Department of Homeland Security is stocking up on bullets like they are going out of style.

Back