• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Dude please let me know the general area where you reside so I don't invade your perimeter.

As long as you do not ignore no trespassing and/or beware of dog/invisible fence signs in western NJ and northern NY, you should be good...

although elkman (presumably) has never shot another human, I still have to wonder if he realizes he is the extreme nut job we, incl. him, are all concerned about?

RJ has called me an extremist, but I will have to ask again if you would call a WFU grad, Eagle Scout and Army vet an extreme nut job for an opinion on one subject?

Your positions on this issue make you an extremist regarding guns and gun laws. That's what we're talking about here.

Lol. There was one of those armed marches in Houston on July 4 also. From the pics I saw, about 20 people showed up and I'm certain every one of them owned a katana blade or nunchucks in addition to their rifle.

Mike and Leo never needed a gun to defeat Shredder.

nunchucks are badass. plus i like to say the word "nunchuck."

also:

Since another poster stated I insulted you, I went back and reread your original post. I do not see where I insulted you, but I think that was from rj, who calls me an extremist, which I find comical. Anyway, giving reasonable gun owners a bad name? I would rather not be branded a felon for possessing a plastic or metal box with a spring in it, so I believe many other citizens might agree with me on that end. I split time between NJ and NY, so I adhere to the fifteen and ten round magazine limits respectively, as I am a law abiding citizen...

oversimplify much?

and to answer you, no i don't think you're dangerous but if u enlisted (in the army no less) when you had other options/resources, and didn't need the benefits then yes there is something wrong with the way you think and no i'm not kidding around. if you were drafted, come from poverty, or are under-educated and/or have a record and thus face limited employment opportunities then disregard.

Last edited:
no i don't think you're dangerous but if u enlisted (in the army no less) when you had other options/resources, and didn't need the benefits then yes there is something wrong with the way you think and no i'm not kidding around. if you were drafted, come from poverty, or are under-educated and/or have a record and thus face limited employment opportunities then disregard.

This post sucks so much, and no, I'm not kidding around.

Guns Killing Children: An American Epidemic

“You don’t need a mass shooting if you want to see kids injured by guns,” said Angela Sauaia, a trauma researcher at the University of Colorado. “A good proportion of these injuries are caused by the children themselves. Injuries caused by firearms are much more likely to be self-inflicted than any other injuries.”

Experts on both sides of the gun debate say these deaths are completely avoidable. But statistics show they occur time and time again, with the youth gun death rate staying steady for the past 15 years.

In the almost seven months since Adam Lanza’s demented slaughter of 20 Sandy Hook Elementary first-graders and six adults, at least 40 more children age 12 and under have died from accidental shootings across the United States, according to data compiled by the Daily News.

Those numbers do not include children killed by adults. Add those tragedies in, and about 120 innocents ages 12 and under have been killed by guns since Newtown.

This post sucks so much, and no, I'm not kidding around.

in today's world, in our contemporary society, there are some legit reasons to join the armed services. wanting to kill people out of a misguided sense of patriotism is not one of them for me. wanting to be told how to think and act while on a perpetual camping trip with crappy food and beds and bathrooms and with people constantly wanting to kill me, and me being forced to kill them, sounds like one of the worst life choices someone could make to me.

there are other ways to be patriotic if that's your thing without using guns.

How Could We Blow This One?

Most striking, more than 30,000 people die annually from firearms injuries, including suicides, murders and accidents, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. American children are 13 times as likely to be killed by guns as in other industrialized countries.

Doesn’t it seem odd that we’re willing to spend trillions of dollars, and intercept metadata from just about every phone call in the country, to deal with a threat that, for now, kills but a few Americans annually — while we’re too paralyzed to introduce a rudimentary step like universal background checks to reduce gun violence that kills tens of thousands?

in today's world, in our contemporary society, there are some legit reasons to join the armed services. wanting to kill people out of a misguided sense of patriotism is not one of them for me. wanting to be told how to think and act while on a perpetual camping trip with crappy food and beds and bathrooms and with people constantly wanting to kill me, and me being forced to kill them, sounds like one of the worst life choices someone could make to me.

there are other ways to be patriotic if that's your thing without using guns.

I understand that you are unwilling to serve in the military. I have no problem with this at all, and it is probably best for all concerned.

However, it is clear to me from your posts that you have little or no personal experience with military service or with servicemembers. You choose, for whatever reason, to label those who have volunteered to serve in the military as people who have made "one of the worst life choices someone could make" out of a "misguided sense of patriotism." As a third generation member of the United States Army, I do have a problem with that.

Gun nuts love guns. They will ignore this.

Guns Killing Children: An American Epidemic

“You don’t need a mass shooting if you want to see kids injured by guns,” said Angela Sauaia, a trauma researcher at the University of Colorado. “A good proportion of these injuries are caused by the children themselves. Injuries caused by firearms are much more likely to be self-inflicted than any other injuries.”

Experts on both sides of the gun debate say these deaths are completely avoidable. But statistics show they occur time and time again, with the youth gun death rate staying steady for the past 15 years.

In the almost seven months since Adam Lanza’s demented slaughter of 20 Sandy Hook Elementary first-graders and six adults, at least 40 more children age 12 and under have died from accidental shootings across the United States, according to data compiled by the Daily News.

Those numbers do not include children killed by adults. Add those tragedies in, and about 120 innocents ages 12 and under have been killed by guns since Newtown.

I understand that you are unwilling to serve in the military. I have no problem with this at all, and it is probably best for all concerned.

However, it is clear to me from your posts that you have little or no personal experience with military service or with servicemembers. You choose, for whatever reason, to label those who have volunteered to serve in the military as people who have made "one of the worst life choices someone could make" out of a "misguided sense of patriotism." As a third generation member of the United States Army, I do have a problem with that.

yes i am a pacifist. but my dad was drafted in vietnam, both grandfathers fought ww2, my brother was in the air force (he joined for the right reasons), and i have a very close, and very ignorant friend, who volunteered to go "kill towel heads" thinking that was in our countries national security interests.

what does your god think about killing by the way? how do you jive your religious beliefs with the overarching purpose of the armed services?

during the revolution of 1800 adams peacefully turned the presidency over to jefferson. as the first peaceful power change EVER, this is inarguably the finest moment in human history, and it happened because militias didn't get involved. otoh this country is also inarguably responsible for the worst two moments in human history, the nuclear bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki.

there is no room for standing armies going forward if humans want to have any chance at long term survival and progress.

Last edited:
nunchucks are badass. plus i like to say the word "nunchuck."

also:

oversimplify much?

and to answer you, no i don't think you're dangerous but if u enlisted (in the army no less) when you had other options/resources, and didn't need the benefits then yes there is something wrong with the way you think and no i'm not kidding around. if you were drafted, come from poverty, or are under-educated and/or have a record and thus face limited employment opportunities then disregard.

I earned my Eagle Scout award in Troop 955 of Wake Forest Baptist Church, and between those older and younger than me, five of us who were faculty children served at some point, or still may do so, four Army, one Marine.

Your positions on this issue make you an extremist regarding guns and gun laws. That's what we're talking about here.

Doubt it. Bloomberg's MAIG bus tour has been met at stops by far more gun rights proponents than on the gun controller side. Seems that adding the name of one of the Boston bombers to the "gun violence victim list" came back to bite that group. So did adding people who decided to have a shootout with police.

Funny, IL just went shall issue for concealed carry, overriding Quinn's veto. That makes four states Constitutional carry, 38 shall issue, and eight may issue. Before the IL ruling, something like 56% of the population lived in states that are Constitutional or shall issue, how much does IL up that percentage?

Back