• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Gotta love the NRA tweeting out the text of the 2nd Amendment tonight. Assholes.

I have to tell you since I moved to South Carolina I feel like I live in the Wild, Wild, West. Guns galore. Now these assholes pass an open gun amendment. Just what I need; sitting next to a guy in a nice restaurant with his .45 in my face, just because he can. Don't get me wrong; while I am all for banning any type of assault weapon I am not against a licensed, tested, etc, individual having a hand gun. I just don't need it in my face. If the NRA wants to call that a deterrent, I pass.
Personally, I like the very restrictive gun policies they have in New York/New Jersey.

Last edited:
Automatic weapons are made to do one thing, kill human beings. American civilians should not have access to them. You want to own an automatic weapon? Join your state's well regulated militia, aka the National Guard.

For irrelevant reasons, I took a peek into my spam folder and found an e-mail from convervative*spam*.com that caught my attention due to the timing (last night) and subject heading. Here's what they're selling a few hours after the Denver shooting:

4983719793000448.png

Last edited:
The shooter's name is Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa. So now you know the REAL problem (note this is sarcasm mocking the new narrative forming from a certain segment, most notably to move away from guns as a problem).

Can you imagine visiting the United States for the first time and not knowing any better, and you walk into a Subway to see some overweight neckbeard with an AR-15 on his back? I'd wonder if I stumbled into some portal.

I worked a part time job a few years ago for a greenhouse that supplied plants to Lowe's stores, and so many people walked in with pistols on their hip, like they would turn into John Wick if shit really popped off.

yeah that statement was not well-thought out on my part. but, is the 2nd Amendment the worst thing America still has in place?

But without guns, then how will we fight back when the government, aka the over-militarized police who we also support and know they would never hurt or attack us but for some reason will try to take our guns and then now only the good guys have guns, but they're not all good guys because there are a few bad apples and its really not guns that kill people it's the people with the guns and you could do the same thing with a box cutter and...and...

206565a9-d2b6-4778-98ff-750e0b58536e_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Saw a truck with a bunch of Trump stickers on it this past weekend in NoVa. Had one that said "Guns save lives," and I tried for a second to figure out the mental gymnastics it takes to reconcile that with the ever-present "Guns don't kill people" stance by the NRA. I understand that there is no actual thought that goes into this topic for most people (especially the ones with bumper stickers), but it still makes me shake my head sometimes.

acknowledging the mocking tone here, but there is -- in addition to your stereotypical NRA member -- a long tradition of gun ownership and self-defense from the Black Power and adjacent movements where gun ownership and their use of powerful imagery with guns was a big piece of the advancement of the Civil Rights Movement

additionally, the loudest advocates of conceal carry licenses and gun ownership are black, with a few rural south hunter types mixed in

I'm anti-gun, but I do think some of the caricatures of gun control as simply a redneck/MAGA vs. the world issue lack the nuance that the debate deserves and doesn't really get at why many people feel the need to get a gun in the first place

and many of these types of posts -- here or elsewhere -- seem to take for granted that the police/military should or will always have the capacity to level its populace in no time and don't want to take the debate to that piece of the gun control dilemma

Back