• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

What part of me sitting in my home bothering no one and 3 armed men breaking in MY house is ME starting a conflict???? Do you actually hear yourself?

I'm saying that you're starting the conflict by doing anything other than putting your hands up and saying "take what you want"

I'm saying that you're starting the conflict by doing anything other than putting your hands up and saying "take what you want"

And we are back to square one. If you wish to offer your family up to thugs who break in, by all means do so. I pray none of us ever have to make that decisions, I appreciate the ability to have a different option than begging.

it should be easy to prove how many lives are saved due to guns vs how many people die due to guns, right? that is the whole argument.

so, prove it and i will change my opinion.

don't prove it and all you have are a bunch of words.

it should be easy to prove how many lives are saved due to guns vs how many people die due to guns, right? that is the whole argument.

so, prove it and i will change my opinion.

don't prove it and all you have are a bunch of words.

Not sure who this is directed at. I have no desire to change your opinion. I have said numerous times, I wish all guns would disappear overnight and never exist again.

And we are back to square one. If you wish to offer your family up to thugs who break in, by all means do so. I pray none of us ever have to make that decisions, I appreciate the ability to have a different option than begging.

Although if the thugs don't have guns then you can rely on your Jiu-Jitsu, and the loser likely won't die.

Although if the thugs don't have guns then you can rely on your Jiu-Jitsu, and the loser likely won't die.

Don't be naive. If we put stricter controls on guns, "Jason's" hands will have to be registered deadly weapons.

Yea I wouldn't have had a good response to me either...good day sir.

I have a perfectly good response. You read websites that advocate and sensationalize vigilante behavior. You own an AR-15 to prevent against Coyote attacks. You think that people who come in to rob you are more likely than not also going to try and rape and kill you or your family, and you have a conceal and carry permit and, if legal, would carry it everywhere you go.

You are without a doubt more likely to find yourself in a situation where you or your family is injured by a gun than I am with my family. So your entire defensive nature puts you at a higher risk of the very thing you're trying to defend against.

Couch's error sort of proves the point. we apparently do have a gun problem in this country.

If a 3-year-old has to die here and there so I can play army in my backyard, so be it. That's the price of freedom.

Couch's error sort of proves the point. we apparently do have a gun problem in this country.

If a 3-year-old has to die here and there so I can play army in my backyard, so be it. That's the price of freedom.

I actually clicked on another wrong 3-year-old shooting death the second time too before noticing.

Not that it made a difference, just went with the one I was looking for. No charges filed for negligence in the above shooting.

I have a perfectly good response. You read websites that advocate and sensationalize vigilante behavior. You own an AR-15 to prevent against Coyote attacks. You think that people who come in to rob you are more likely than not also going to try and rape and kill you or your family, and you have a conceal and carry permit and, if legal, would carry it everywhere you go.

You are without a doubt more likely to find yourself in a situation where you or your family is injured by a gun than I am with my family. So your entire defensive nature puts you at a higher risk of the very thing you're trying to defend against.

I had NEVER seen that website before yesterday. I own an AR because they are fun to shoot and I am legally allowed to (lbE's reasoning wasn't my own, though I do hope to own enough property one day to have a coyote problem). I don't think they are "more likely", but I know it has happened and will happen again- so again, I prefer an option other than begging. I have never once said I would try to play hero in any situation, but I do prefer the option to defend myself from deadly force with deadly force. The idea that by me paying more attention to my surroundings and people's actions makes me more at risk is insane. AGAIN- if you don't want the option, don't take it. But don't expect everyone else to the same.

Not sure who this is directed at. I have no desire to change your opinion. I have said numerous times, I wish all guns would disappear overnight and never exist again.

you buy guns as toys because you can, but you wish all guns were gone?

now i am confused

Jason I agree with you. I too choose to have a different option rather than throwing my hands up. I'm sorry folks but I work too hard to just let a guy come in my house while I'm at home and just walk away with my personal things and threaten my family. If you think I'm nuts then so be it.

Unless you are a crazy person who leaves a loaded AR out, you aren't going to use that weapon to defend your house against burglars.

Jason I agree with you. I too choose to have a different option rather than throwing my hands up. I'm sorry folks but I work too hard to just let a guy come in my house while I'm at home and just walk away with my personal things and threaten my family. If you think I'm nuts then so be it.

pew pew pew pew

Do you have a tornado bunker too? What about a sprinkler system in case your house catches on fire?

Interesting turn this thread has taken.

Honest question to those who would like strict gun control:

What, if any, natural rights do we have as human beings? (In case I am not making myself clear, "natural rights" being those rights that we have outside of the social contract of our government)

Interesting turn this thread has taken.

Honest question to those who would like strict gun control:

What, if any, natural rights do we have as human beings? (In case I am not making myself clear, "natural rights" being those rights that we have outside of the social contract of our government)

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Back