• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

i sort of wonder if there will be an odd bedfellow situation where the NRA mysteriously pushes back against 3D guns b/c it could potentially harm firearm sales and manufacturers

Doubtful. First, we're a long way away from 3D guns threatening gun manufacturers. Second, by the time they do, gun manufacturers will be making money off it.

Still, Trump's checking with the NRA on it.

First Fortnite tutors now this.

End Family Fire

In 10 days, a husband's violence escalated from a brutal assault to murder in public view

His parents, with whom he was staying after his release from jail, told police they did not have a gun at their home.

But on Jan. 7, a 19-year-old from Kaukauna received an email about a white Glock handgun he had recently listed on ArmsList.com. The potential buyer said he was interested, because he was taking a concealed carry class.

“I assume you have personally fired this gun and that it works perfectly?” the buyer asked. “You have it listed for $575, would you take $500 cash?”

The seller responded, “correct but I will take no less than 550.”

They agreed to meet in the parking lot of the Calumet Street Walmart about 7 p.m. on Jan. 8.

Some good news. The shooter in the SYG case in FL was charged with manslaughter.

April:

Pro-gun rights activists rally against new measures on firearm sales in Vermont

Pro Rights 2A organizer Christopher Covey said it's not the gun that people should fear -- "it's the gun in the wrong hand."

Sheldon Rheaume told Fox 44/ABC 22 in Burlington that he brought an AR-15 to the rally to prove a point.

“This isn’t an evil rifle,” he said. “It’s a tool.”

August:

Hate crime: Essex man charged after allegedly using racial slurs, pointing gun

An Essex man is facing criminal charges after authorities say he used racial slurs against a Maplefields employee early Tuesday morning before pointing a gun at her.

Sheldon Rheaume, 23, has pleaded not guilty to charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, reckless endangerment and hate-motivated disorderly conduct. He has been temporarily jailed without bail pending a hearing that has yet to be scheduled.

Link

Yep. Gun violence is a problem in the US. What would you like to see done about it?

But Chicago!!! But Chicago!! The favorite refrain of the right. The guns in Chicago come from Indiana and elsewhere where gun laws are lax.

Standing in the beer line right now at the Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Dwight Youkum show in Chicago and Steve Earle just finished his set and after making made several anti trump references got a rousing applause with comments about the crowd size of the fla kids marching on Washington and how they can vote now. Surprising at a country show even in Chicago

The guns in Chicago come from Indiana and elsewhere where gun laws are lax.

Is this supported by facts? Or just pheelings? As the good doctor would say... please show your work.

Standing in the beer line right now at the Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Dwight Youkum show in Chicago and Steve Earle just finished his set and after making made several anti trump references got a rousing applause with comments about the crowd size of the fla kids marching on Washington and how they can vote now. Surprising at a country show even in Chicago

If you are posting from the beer line at a concert you have bigger issues to deal with.

Oh yeah, why is that grasshopper? It was a long fucking beer line. :noidea:

As for the gun stats, refute my point. My homework is all over this board. I’m back in line

Back