• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sandy-hook-families-lawsuit-remington-ar-15-connecticut-supreme-court/

Sandy Hook families' lawsuit against gunmaker heads to Connecticut Supreme Court

Families of victims in the Sandy Hook school shooting are taking their fight against a major gunmaker to the Connecticut Supreme Court on Tuesday. They're seeking to reinstate a lawsuit against the manufacturer of the military-style weapon used in the attack.

Last year, a lawsuit filed by some victims' families was dismissed because federal law protects gunmakers from liability in shooting deaths, reports CBS News correspondent Don Dahler.

Now, lawyers claim gun manufacturer Remington knowingly marketed its version of the AR-15 assault rifle to a high-risk group of young men, including shooter Adam Lanza.

In a brief submitted to the Connecticut Supreme Court, attorneys representing 10 Sandy Hook families contend that in order to boost sales, gun manufacturer Remington targeted a "younger demographic" by "linking the AR-15 to macho vigilantism and military-style insurrection."

Nearly five years after her six-year-old son Dylan was killed by Lanza -- armed with an AR-15-style rifle made by Remington subsidiary Bushmaster -- Nicole Hockley wants the gun manufacturer held accountable.

i am going to start buying as many guns as i can with the G%Trump tax break before Clinton and Obama take away my guns.

:p

Well I reckon that gun kept his wife safe for 60+ years or so, so what's a little gunshot wound in the grand scheme of things?

That same man who shot himself and his wife probably thinks he could put down a shooter with an AR-15.

Today marks the 5 year anniversary of Sandy Hook.

Yeah those images are not easy. The full feed is nearly impossible to get through.

Important not to forget this either.

The day the NRA won the war for the soul of the country. Evil fucking bastards.

The day the NRA won the war for the soul of the country. Evil fucking bastards.

Well said. Sickening to hear people today still arguing that arming teachers is the solution.

Back