• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Wonder if it could have anything to do with the Mayor and DA absolutely ripping on federal and state legislatures not doing anything about guns.

Institutions=concentration camps? He has shown no interest in treating mental illnesses.
No, I really think he means Bedlam-esque, looney bin, mad house insane asylums. Where you throw offenders in a padded cell and never have to deal with them again. Except to marvel at their insanity. No treatment whatsoever in this fantasy.

First-grader pointed loaded gun at student in school office, email says

A first grader who found his grandmother’s loaded gun at school this spring pointed it at another student, according to an email released Monday by Highland Local Schools in Morrow County.

On March 8, the child found the 9 mm handgun that his grandmother, Vicky Nelson, who is the district’s transportation director, carried at Highland Local Schools. Nelson was allowed to carry the weapon as part of the district’s concealed-carry plan adopted last year to arm administrators and select staff members to protect students from potential gun violence.

Why is WFU doing the metal detector thing at FB/BB games?

Shouldn't we be encouraging everyone to bring their weapons so we'll all be more safe?

Confusing.

Yea you got me with that anecdote.

Meanwhile: https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

So the overall population of the US is 75% white and 13% black and the racial breakdown of mass shooters is 64 white and 19 black? You aren’t really making your case here.

Also, I wonder which causes more deaths in the US per year — white male mass shooters or black guys with guns? I guess black on black murder is no big deal because they were probably criminals anyway?

Interesting comp. All black guys with guns vs. very few white men with guns.

Back