• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Greensboro and Durham both have had a major problem with violent crime and murders this year.

And the rise in crime and violence is hitting many different areas. I have some friends that teach or work in some capacity in Guilford County Schools and according to them there has been a surge in violence in numerous middle and high schools this year, including schools that before the pandemic rarely had problems with violence. Some of it has been bad enough to send kids to the hospital, or so they have told me. There have been some local news stories about more kids showing up in some schools with guns. And I doubt that GCS is alone in that regard.

I never said otherwise. Just stating something many people may not understand when it comes to custody matters and split parenting. You never take matters into your own hands, especially when you are the father and the system is skewed heavily against you. You produce the custody agreement to a Sherriff and have them get the other parent to comply.

I wonder if the mother bears any civil liability for failure to produce the kid, which led to the shooting.

The mom should have had the kid there. The other guy should have stayed out of it and kept his mouth shut. I'm still not clear on who owns the house where it happened but if they wanted the dad to leave they should have called the cops. The dad should have called the cops to enforce the custody order. The other guy should never have gone to get a gun but as soon as the gun appeared the dad should have walked away and called the cops. The mom should have yelled at the guy to put the gun away..... I could go on and on - I have never seen so many bad decisions in my life... Jeez.

I went back and looked at the post he quoted. I’m pretty sure he was anti-Trayvon Martin and has consistently been anti-Black victim here and in the police violence thread. It’s not a stretch that he would have been anti-Arbery without the special set of circumstances that led to this verdict.

Somehow you're managing to lose an argument we're not even having. Idle hands.

Shame no one told that guy its not 1800s fisticuffs.

It's I'm in a custody battle with a woman with shit judgement. I need to do everything by the book safely so I get my kids away from an obviously bad situation.

Somehow you're managing to lose an argument we're not even having. Idle hands.

Those idle hands do the devils work. Those gentle non-insurrectionist hand were just holding doors open for police on 1/6. Very kind of them.

Kyle rittenhouse had idle hands. The devil sent him to Kenosha.

Does "special circumstance" = I can't find any way to justify THIS ONE so I'll concede and it can be the exception that proves the rule so I continue my world view.

The mom should have had the kid there. The other guy should have stayed out of it and kept his mouth shut. I'm still not clear on who owns the house where it happened but if they wanted the dad to leave they should have called the cops. The dad should have called the cops to enforce the custody order. The other guy should never have gone to get a gun but as soon as the gun appeared the dad should have walked away and called the cops. The mom should have yelled at the guy to put the gun away..... I could go on and on - I have never seen so many bad decisions in my life... Jeez.

Go back a step further. The mom could have called the dad beforehand and asked for extra time, which is what normal people in a co-parenting situation do all the time.

Basic civility and politeness are requisites for navigating split custody without losing your mind.

Says the guy who spends a ton of time on a sports message board for a school he didn’t attend using a political name that mocks a specific other poster.

It's weird to mock when other people post. People like him are always trying to control other people. It's wired into conservative DNA to tell people how to live their lives and shame what they don't like, especially things that have no impact on anyone else. Part of BKF's turn to conservativism was obsession about how people post.

Watching you guys miss on routine facts makes it easier to understand why more sophisticated matters elude you. At least you've got the Tunnels.

The sophistication of the modern gop is truly breathtaking. If only we could understand the 4D chess and its real world ramifications.

Sophisticated, nuanced, honorable, decent…none of this characterizes the modern GOP.

Pretty much the opposite.

So let’s say you see a guy you’re not overly fond of start crossing the street even though you have a green light.

You quickly recognize this excellent opportunity and hit the gas, rightfully flying through the intersection as is your God-given right, brutally running him over in the process.

This is basically the same thing, right? Except maybe you saw him about to cross and ran to go get your car just in case he crossed illegally and you’d get to run him over? Or he yells at you while you’re speeding towards him?

Angus, Junebug, and jhmd read that tweet and think Oliver is talking about making kids wear masks.

We have to stop sacrificing our children and ourselves to the religion of gun worship. Heller be damned.

Back