• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Those cops stood there listening to children die.

Well don't worry, a bipartisan committee has sat down together for 2 weeks, worked their socks off and made changes which...turns out wouldn't have prevented most school shootings. Great work.

The image of cops armed to the teeth and looking tough while actually being unwilling and frightened to enter a classroom to stop a shooter from killing kids and their teachers, and then coming up with endless excuses for why they didn't go in, may be the most fitting Trumpite GOP image ever.

Well said

Well don't worry, a bipartisan committee has sat down together for 2 weeks, worked their socks off and made changes which...turns out wouldn't have prevented most school shootings. Great work.

Did they remove the domestic violence part? That would stop some shootings, not sure about school shootings.

Did they remove the domestic violence part? That would stop some shootings, not sure about school shootings.

Is does add those who have been convicted of abusing dating partners to those who are prohibited from purchasing a gun. There are some positives, but it will be a huge disappointment if that's the extent of the push and no further votes are put forward for gun reform.

So her husband tried to be a "good guy with a gun," but the cops stopped him and took his gun.

The Uvalde police have took more guns in that hour than Obama, Pelosi, and Biden.

Armed robber points gun at clerk, clerk shoots robber, family outraged !

Anything from the 2000s Biff? You just following right wing extremists on twitter now? Big MTG fan?

[h=1]‘Why are gun shows so white?’ and other thoughts after attending a gun show[/h] OPINION: After attending an event sponsored by one of the country’s largest gun show organizers, white America’s fascination with firearms is suddenly much clearer.
https://thegrio.com/2022/06/22/why-are-gun-shows-so-white/
[h=4]1. Why are gun shows so white?[/h] Again, this is not my first rodeo (Yes, I have attended actual rodeos). I noticed this phenomenon at the last gun show I visited in Birmingham, Ala. While Birmingham is one of the five Blackest cities in America, it’s still in Alabama, so I didn’t think it was strange that the patrons were overwhelmingly white. But I’m starting to notice a trend.
I specifically chose this particular event because it was held in Peach County, Ga., where the Census Bureau says the white population (44.7 percent) is nearly identical to the Black population (44.4 percent). Warner Robins, the nearest city, is 40.3 percent Black and 44.4 percent white. Nearby Macon is twice as large and is majority Black. However, about 80 to 90 percent of the people at the gun show were white.

[h=4]4. It’s very American.[/h] Gun shows are nothing if not patriotic. I have no idea what these people are going to do with these firearm stashes because these red-blooded, God-fearing trigger pullers love to talk about how much they love their fellow “Mur’cunns.” Who else would want a star-spangled revolver?
You might refer to the white people with nationalistic tendencies as “white nationalists,” but I prefer to call them patriots.

[h=4]5. It’s not just white; it’s pro-white.[/h] Pardon the pun but if you are Black, prepare to be triggered.
The amount of white supremacist iconography and memorabilia available for sale at these events is astounding. If you’re in the market for a slightly used Confederate flag or a “Don’t Tread On Me” T-shirt, you don’t have to wait on a shipment from Etsy; just plop down the $12 entry fee to your local convention center and you have an all-access pass to the most racist flea market ever. Perhaps my favorite piece of Caucasian Cap’ya Alpha paraphernalia is the stuff with the Spartan helmet and the phrase “Molon Labe” (translated as “come and take it”) emblazoned on it. Sparta’s King Leonidas supposedly uttered the term before the Battle of Thermopylae after Persian ruler Xerxes demanded that the Spartan warriors lay down their weapons…
Just before the Spartans got their clocks cleaned.
[h=4]6. Killing doesn’t cost much.[/h] Killing people is surprisingly cheap.
One vendor had an entire table set aside for $99 guns. And while the average retail price for an AR-15 hovers around $800 to $1,000, gun shows regularly sell AR-type weapons for around $300. On Saturday, I could have plunked down $400 for an AR that shoots .22 caliber bullets or, for $200 more, I could purchase one that shoots bullets that “will leave a larger bullet wound.”
[h=4]7. …Or maybe Donald Trump is the star.[/h] Gun shows also serve as unofficial GOP pep rallies.
Since my first gun show in 2014, I noticed that you could tell who the GOP had in their crosshairs by the signage at gun shows. Back then, gun show attendees coalesced around their mutual hate for Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton and, of course, Black Lives Matter. But things have changed since the good old days when gun show patrons could purchase shooting targets with Barack Obama’s face on the bullseye (although you still can).

[h=4]10. It’s kind of scary.[/h] Don’t be fooled that the average gun show attendee is a hillbilly or someone whose neck might be slightly redder than normal. Nope, there were all kinds of white people—from boat shoe wearers to skateboarders. And some of them were not just casual shoppers. I saw a son helping his father fill a 70-gallon plastic tub with ammunition. I spoke with a husband clearly on his way to the golf course purchasing a two-shot Derringer for his wife. Because of gun shows, I now assume every white person is armed.
Oh, I’m not guessing. A white, male, evangelical Republican is statistically more likely to own a gun than not, according to Public Religion Research Institute.
In 2019, more than 8,700 people were serving time in a federal or state prison for committing a crime with a gun they purchased without a background check. More than 2,000 of those people purchased their firearms at a gun show.

First step to gun regulation. Call it gun "regulation", not gun control. Never use the word control. Affirm the second amendment right as written, all of it.

How much regulation? "Well regulated". Example of well regulated. US Armed Forces could be an example.

Let the first two words of the second amendment work in your favor, rather than the last word of the amendment against you. This is a one sentence amendment. The right of the people to keep and bear arms comes with regulation. Both are required in the sentence. End of discussion.

Last edited:
Back