• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Please, Let’s Never Get Used to This

—————
...So let’s give a salute to the people who keep chugging along, no matter how many times they have to answer the phone and comment about a terrible shooting very much like the one they commented on a few months before.

“I don’t have anything original left to say,” said Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut, who’s been a gun-reform warrior since 2012, when his old congressional district was the scene of the Sandy Hook massacre.

Earlier this year, when the nation was reeling from the high school shooting in Parkland, Fla., Murphy was invited to a bipartisan meeting with other members of Congress and Donald Trump. That was the gathering where the president vowed to crack down on guns and made fun of Republican senators for being “afraid of the N.R.A.”

Before they all sat down, Murphy recalled, the president “pulled me close and told me he was going to stop this. As usual he wasn’t telling the truth.”

Fast forward to that N.R.A. convention this month, where Trump told the cheering crowd their right to bear arms “will never, ever be under siege as long as I’m your president.”

Does sound … inconsistent. But maybe he was trying out a script for a movie in which the hero is a chief executive who wakes up every morning and does the exact opposite of what happened the day before.

Our mission, however, is pretty clear. The problem is guns, not knives or too many school doors. And when children lose their lives to a mass shooting, we have to keep talking about it.
—————

32925676_1968461256557378_5345897861496176640_n.jpg

Sheriff: Parents, don’t bring guns to school lockdowns

The Idaho State Journal reports that Marsh Valley High School was placed on lockdown Wednesday due to allegations a student was carrying a pistol.

Bannock County Sheriff Lorin Nielsen says some parents — alerted by students locked in classrooms via text and calls — decided to show up to the school carrying AR-15 rifles.

One would hope that when shooting broke out it would be the parents shooting each other with AR-15s. That'd be sweet

Last edited:

Gotta give props to the gun lover who Tweeted this in one of the responses to the above:

Man holds children hostage after shooting Orlando police officer, chief says

Police said a standoff continues in Orlando, where a man suspected of battering his girlfriend and wounding a police officer late Sunday has barricaded himself inside an apartment with four young children.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said a woman left the apartment late Sunday and alerted officers to the assault.

Officers then went to apartment near the Universal Orlando theme park and exchanged gunfire with the man.

He killed them all - 4 kids. The youngest was 1. I hope that fucking monster spends his eternity in suffering.

He was on probation for arson and domestic abuse. This is the third woman he's abused that we know of (that has called the police) in the last ten years.

Back