• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

How does it work? How do laws work if the enforcers of the laws can't use deadly force? Educate me, Rev. This is a very important point. If we can do this, we don't need guns.

I'm a priest, not a cop. You'd have to get details from them. I've had several conversions with cops and I know they can't use their guns in the way you suggest. Every time they discharge their weapon there is an investigation. It's a safety thing so we don't have trigger happy vigilante cops. They also want to ensure the punishment fits the crime. You don't get shot in the back because you ran from the police.

sent via Tapatalk on Galaxy Note II

I'm a priest, not a cop. You'd have to get details from them. I've had several conversions with cops and I know they can't use their guns in the way you suggest. Every time they discharge their weapon there is an investigation. It's a safety thing so we don't have trigger happy vigilante cops. They also want to ensure the punishment fits the crime. You don't get shot in the back because you ran from the police.

So Johnny Sprinterperson can rape a girl, and when the police come, Johnny can run away and that's the end of it, then?

So Johnny Sprinterperson can rape a girl, and when the police come, Johnny can run away and that's the end of it, then?

I'm not debating what they should do, just noting that the police have clear rules of engagement, so they aren't allowed to act in the ways you suggest. Whether they should or not is another question.

Rev, I know you normally have peace and love in your heart. Don't let DODO put anger and frustration in there with them.

You all realize that there are ways to catch perps after they initially flee, right?I'm glad local LEOs do.

I wonder what percentage of those who bought the spammed penile enlargement products have guns.

It is not simply the threat of a gun that makes most people listen to the police.

99% of a cop's authority comes with how he handles himself. The taser and gun are for when the authority goes away and lives are at risk.

Of course not.

Please post details about when you were tased and/or pepper sprayed. I'd like to know you are telling me the truth.

Just curious, what would you like to know? I haven't had either done, but I know quite a few who have.

Each agency has policy and procedure that details how and when deadly force can be used.

The vast majority of cops take their jobs and firearms very seriously.

Last edited:
I haven't even read any of this thread, but it doesn't seem pertinent or important.

Let's start a thread to keep track of all of the injuries from drunk driving or drug overdoses while we're at it...

we used to tase each other all the time at drunk HS parties. great fun.

never seen someone get shot with the police version though. I'd imagine it's the antithesis of fun.

I haven't even read any of this thread, but it doesn't seem pertinent or important.

Let's start a thread to keep track of all of the injuries from drunk driving or drug overdoses while we're at it...

Sure, if our injuries from drunk driving or drug overdoses are way, way out of whack with the numbers from other industrialized countries and indicate a deeper societal problem.

Back