• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Sounds like he shot the officer at the police headquarters, where he had been taken after they found drugs in his room during a wellness check. Not that it makes it any better - maybe even worse.

Edit: Sounds like they caught the shooter; a Texas Tech freshman. You go off to college and end up on death row a few months later ...
Seems as if he will get his gun pried from his cold dead hand.

i love that hunters use the word 'harvest' when they kill something, like they went out and planted a bunch of deer seeds and carefully watered them all summer.

Police tackled the armed dude who had shot a police officer?

Police tackled the armed dude who had shot a police officer?

Looks like it. The same dude they let bring a gun into the police station.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/warrant-student-confessed-to-shooting-texas-tech-officer/

University officials said East went to Daniels' room to perform a welfare check and found evidence of drugs and drug paraphernalia. Authorities have not said what prompted the welfare check. East arrested Daniels and took him to the campus police station to book him.
According to Bonds, the 19-year-old wasn't handcuffed while East was processing the paperwork. Another officer left the room and then heard a loud bang. When he returned, he found East mortally wounded and Daniels gone. East's body camera was also missing, but his service weapon was still holstered.
The campus was locked down for about an hour Monday night and students were ordered to shelter in place during the search. Daniels was recaptured following a foot chase near the police station. He had the body camera and a handgun, Bonds wrote.
Daniels "immediately" told the officers he "f----d up," according to the affidavit, obtained by CBS affiliate KLBK.
It's not clear why Daniels wasn't placed in handcuffs or whether he had been searched when arrested. Police also haven't said whether they believe Daniels used his own gun or one belonging to the department. University officials did not respond Tuesday to messages seeking additional details. They scheduled a news conference for later Tuesday.

this is the shooter.
171010-hollis-daniels-mc-11-57_05f2959e36ec99dc5ceaacf23896b450.nbcnews-ux-320-320.jpg

I will refrain from speculating as to why it was safe to tackle him, but that dude on a bicycle got shot for running away.

http://time.com/4992596/brothers-shooting-philadelphia/?xid=homepage

just another day in America, the only country where children regularly shoot other children in the head.

was at a halloween parade last weekend and a group of boys and their beleaguered mothers sidled up next to our spot. the one boy had a little orange .45 and i swear he just stood there for the next 30 minutes alternating pointing the gun at his mom's head then his brother's and pulling the trigger click click click click click

it was nauseating

was at a halloween parade last weekend and a group of boys and their beleaguered mothers sidled up next to our spot. the one boy had a little orange .45 and i swear he just stood there for the next 30 minutes alternating pointing the gun at his mom's head then his brother's and pulling the trigger click click click click click

it was nauseating

I think little boys all over the world play at shooting guns. Check out this article about teachers in Japanese pre-schools encouraging this as a way to engage kids and burn off aggressive energy at recess. The difference between the US and Japan, of course, is that in Japan it is nearly inconceivable that a toddler would have access to a real gun to "play" with. My kid and all his friends are obsessed with Nerf guns. We've had some very serious talks with him about how if he's ever at someone else's house and sees a real gun, he is to go in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.

i mean, i played with toy guns as a kid and loved it but my parents would never have allowed me to do that. I 'shot' my friends when we were playing but I was always yelled at for pointing guns at people if my parents were around.

It is just tragic that as a nation we have to continue to go through with this bullshit simply because the NRA has convinced a sizable portion of the population that their guns matter more than human lives.

It is just tragic that as a nation we have to continue to go through with this bullshit simply because the NRA has convinced a sizable portion of the population that their guns matter more than human lives.

Lately, I've been drawing more and more of a comparison between the NRA and Big Tobacco. Both have managed to convince people that there is nothing wrong with their products, when data set after data set shows that they are harmful. They don't care who gets hurt, they just keep raking in the cash, and pouring money into campaigns to back "leaders" who are willing to lie to keep the pockets lined.

If someone tried to tell you today that cigarettes aren't harmful, you would look at them with the same stupid expression that hopefully people will look at those who say "guns aren't harmful" in a decade.

Last edited:

Guns help them feel safe. Fear motivates their politics.

1 dead, 1 injured, 2 suspects at large.

Back