• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Seems like too much for a threat that had nothing behind it and was aimed at some school somewhere.

Pittsburgh Public Schools are stay at home today - supposedly because of this?

Yep. Many schools and school districts closed today because of the threat of gun violence. Looks like Pittsburgh schools were on a modified lockdown all day.

Imagine seeing on the news that a school children were murdered and thinking you’re the victim and your gun rights are at stake. This is the Republican Party.

Dude preaches that people need powerful firearms to protect themselves but he needs to get on a yacht to protect himself.

Last edited:

I don’t know why people think police bullets are safer than rando bullets. Police don’t care about your life anymore than the alleged suspects. Police may care less because they won’t be punished for recklessly killing people.

The article you shared says that the nature of the weapon used in the initial assault was not known, but might have been a metal lock. Not a glock. A lock. So what are you even saying.

The article you shared says that the nature of the weapon used in the initial assault was not known, but might have been a metal lock. Not a glock. A lock. So what are you even saying.

Police always shoot to kill because of the existence and perversion of the second amendment. That’s my point. If we banned firearms or at least made them moderately difficult to attain, our beat cops wouldn’t have the justification to treat a suburban coat store like an Iraqi safehouse.

I look forward to the citation and paid vacation that this murderer will receive.

Last edited:
Based on this incredibly limited information, it certainly gives the impression that the police acted recklessly. I think you’re cutting them too much slack by blaming private gun ownership. And for the record, I’m all for significant gun control.

Based on this incredibly limited information, it certainly gives the impression that the police acted recklessly. I think you’re cutting them too much slack by blaming private gun ownership. And for the record, I’m all for significant gun control.

His point is that police have to go about their jobs in fear of being shot themselves because there are so many goddamned guns in America you never know who has one. So, in that fear, the police shoot first and ask questions later.

Yet another tragedy that could have been avoided if some asshole hadn’t falsely reported that someone had a gun. There were no gun shots until the police arrived and put everyone in danger.

Denver gunman’s novels named real-life victims, described similar attacks

Writing under the pen name Roman McClay, McLeod named both Alicia Cardenas and Michael Swinyard as murder victims in his novels. Cardenas, 44, and Swinyard, 67, were both killed in Monday’s shooting spree.

Police believe McLeod killed Swinyard inside his home at One Cheesman Place, an apartment building in the 1200 block of Williams Street. A property manager for the building told residents in an email that McLeod wore tactical gear, a police logo and a badge when he entered the building.

In McLeod’s first novel, a character named “Lyndon MacLeod” wears police gear and kills a character named “Michael Swinyard” at his apartment on Williams Street. The character in the book also kills other people in the building and robs them. The character has a list of people he wants to kill and considers some to be more important than others.

“The murders were like food in the belly, like wine at rest on the tongue,” the first book reads. “Killing people nourished the soul.”

McLeod’s second novel names Cardenas as a murder victim, and also describes an attack on a tattoo parlor in the 200 block of W. 6th Avenue.

In the novel, the character named Lyndon bursts into the tattoo shop and kills several people, including the owner of the shop. In reality, police said, McLeod went to that block on Monday, fired shots and set a van on fire, but did not kill anyone.

Last edited:
Bonkers new senate bill (666) in Missouri -- worth reading the thread. I also post this because it makes JH and Junebug get a little 1 in chubby, and then they try to jerk it and realize, once again, that it is futile. Guys, if you can't finish at the thought of legalized lynchings, it's never gonna happen for ya.

Was it randomly given that number or was it on purpose?

Going to be hard for companies to attract employees to Missouri when they could just be indiscriminately murdered at any time

Back